M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation?s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean?s capabilities include electrical, Electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position requires 80% Travel
The selected candidate will be working for the National Accounts department within M.C. Dean. You will be responsible for electrical lighting maintenance scope which will include changing bulbs, ballasts, and drivers on existing lighting fixtures. You will be working from aerial lifts in most cases and be a direct interface with our customers. You will be dispatched daily to customers and be responsible for resolving the customers lighting problems in the highest professional and safe manner. You will complete all site documentation on an Electronic device which will require knowledge of current smart phone / personal tablet technology. The selected candidate will be of strong moral character and understand that they will be representing the world's best service provider. Therefore, you will present yourself in a clean and professional manor at all times, with a primary focus on customer satisfaction, quality and safety.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or Electronic lighting components.
- Installing and mounting lighting controls, devices, sensors, and components.
- Safe operation of aerial lifts and bucket trucks.
- Testing lighting systems and continuity of circuits in fixtures, using testing devices.
- Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine materials requirements and installation procedures.
- Diagnosing malfunctioning lighting systems and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Reading contract drawings.
- Trouble shooting EMS systems, smart breakers, and relays.
Qualifications / Skills Sets / Expectations:
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
- High School Diploma or GED
- Reliable Transportation
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works on energized circuits or equipment.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
- Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
- Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects anywhere.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
- Journeyman's license
See Job Description