Nuclear Classification and Declassification Specialist (Job Number:436684)
- Individual provides technical and analytical support to a wide range of actions in the Office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Nuclear Matters regarding the national Nuclear deterrent.
- Nature of work actively engages issues, actions and initiatives concerning, or relating to, the management, research, development, deployment, transportation, safety, security, storage, and training for the stewardship of Nuclear weapons.
- Particular emphasis includes the national Nuclear stockpile; Nuclear weapons operations; emergency Response and consequence management; Nuclear enterprise and infrastructure transformation; stockpile sustainment; Nuclear weapon program requirements; and strategic deterrence policy.
- Application of this knowledge in the conduct of mandatory declassification reviews and Freedom of Information Act reviews is crucial for the successful applicant.
- Bachelor?s degree (BA, BS or BBA) and 3 years of experience is required.
- Major in chemistry, mathematics, physics, Nuclear physics, Nuclear engineering, national security studies (with a minimum of six or more college level courses in statistics, mathematics, engineering, or physical sciences), is preferred.
- Proficient writer/communicator.
- Familiarity with Excel, Power Point and MS Word user-level applications is a necessity.
- All applicants for this position must have an active Top Secret clearance.
- Must be able to work at customer site at the Pentagon in support of senior management or Executives with little supervision for sustained periods.
- Familiarity with the use of classification guides and the processes used in the conduct of mandatory declassification and Freedom of Information reviews.
- Knowledge of U.S. Nuclear weapons policy, operations and acquisition/procurement, to include command and control, forces, stockpile, operations, surety and Nuclear security issues and activities.
- Knowledge of and experience in using the Joint DoD/DOE Nuclear Weapons Related Classification Guides and its automated system.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 15, 2018, 4:40:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job