The Fuze Team is looking for an experienced (G08) Senior Subcontract Specialist to lead in the sourcing and acquisition of materials and services, manage supplier performance and manage the entire subcontract purchase order life cycle for DoD, FMS, and DCS customers.
Senior Subcontract Management professional is responsible for strategic sourcing, supplier development and performance management, establishment of medium-complex to high-complex business agreements and management of high dollar subcontracts in support of various programs on the Payloads and Devices, Fuze team.
This position is expected to manage suppliers and subcontracts in a fashion consistent with integrated supply chain models, recognizing the role and value of each participant through the acquisition life cycle from requirements generation through product delivery, product support, and payment. In this capacity, they are responsible for identifying potential sources, evaluating supplier capabilities, executing subcontracts, and managing post-award administration to achieve program objectives. Sr. Subcontract Managers lead formal negotiations for subcontracts with medium to high contractual, financial and technical complexity. In this capacity they are responsible for executing subcontracts that comply with Raytheon purchasing processes and systems, as well as FAR/DFAR regulations.
The Sr. Subcontract Manager is accountable for supplier performance. They are responsible for managing their Supplier's critical path in support of key program milestones. The Sr. Subcontract Manager coordinates with the Program IPT and Engineering to oversee supplier risk, performance and improvement.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- Preparation and issuance of solicitations (RFQs, RFPs and RFIs)
- Understand and be able to work with certified cost and pricing data during the proposal and subcontract phases of the procurement life cycle
- Analyze quotations/proposals to perform price/cost analysis techniques and understand elements of cost
- Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms & Conditions)
- Issuing purchase orders in addition to fixed price (i.e. Time and Material, Cost Plus)
- Where applicable, establish strategic agreements with key suppliers
- Place subcontracts/purchase orders of medium/high complexity in accordance with all regulatory (FAR/DFAR) and corporate compliance requirements
- Maintain strong and professional business relationships with first tier subcontractors
- Work closely with the Program and other functional groups (Operations, Quality, Engineering, etc) to obtain quality, compliant hardware on-time, with a focus on Affordability
- Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements (technical and quality) to drive flawless supplier execution for RMS programs
Desired Skills, Experience and Education:
- Senior Subcontract Specialist: 4+ years? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- Principal Subcontract Specialist: 6+ years? experience in supply chain management or similar role
- 4 year degree from an accredited college/university
- Managing medium to highly complex subcontracts
- Developing strategies and leading complex negotiations
- Managing cost-type subcontracts
- Experience in performing price analysis
- Understanding of the elements of cost
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Experience supporting business and functional deliverables
- Experience working collaboratively in a team based setting
- Experience working in a dynamic environment where you planned, organized and prioritized your work
- The ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with internal and external customers
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems
- The ability to operate effectively with minimal oversight
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft OfficeŽ suite or similar software programs
U.S. Citizenship is required.Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Project planning and management skills(ex: MS Project, EVMS)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Effective at influencing others
- Capability to manage multiple and often conflicting priorities
- Ability to filter information from multiple sources to drive innovative solutions
- Bachelor?s degree in business related field, engineering or related field
- Familiarity working with financials, including budgets and cost details
- Procurement or other experience in a DoD environment (FAR/DFAR)
- Working in a SAP based environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.