Senior SOC Architect/Engineer (Job Number:436487)
SAIC is looking for a Senior SOC Architect/Engineer. This position will be responsible for tier 2 Security Operations Center (SOC) support. This will include security architecture, design, analysis and testing for the Orange County, California network infrastructure and the data services it provides. It also includes gathering technical requirements, developing complex solutions, testing of architecture solutions, and implementation oversight. The position also involves developing and briefing various SOC performance reports, conducting and making recommendations on vulnerability assessments and technical management of security incidents.
- Create relevant documentation for changes to the current security architecture and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
- Drive the capabilities and execution to effectively optimize and improve Orange County security.
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of security services and implementations.
- Provide technical oversight and direction to SOC personnel.
- Investigate, positively identify, and document anomalous events and incidents that are escalated by Tier 2 engineers.
- Conduct risk analysis and convert it into actionable monitoring recommendations to be conducted by the SOC.
- Recommend remediation and mitigation strategies and implementations based on the results of vulnerability assessments.
- Provide support for security incidents throughout the incident lifecycle as needed and make recommendations to ensure the County infrastructure is protected.
- Work with the SAIC CISO to develop a metrics program to report on overall SOC performance and effectiveness.
- Effectively communicate to personnel at all levels from the Executive Office to the technician both verbally and in writing.
- Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
- Blue Coat
- McAfee DLP for Network and Host
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Provide security analysis for integrated security solutions related to design, development, and integration of:
- County Security Assets
- Man-Machine Interfaces
- System level requirements
- Develop moderately complex security designs and test plans using existing technology.
- Prepare technical proposals for presentation to Orange County CISO and other stakeholders to update existing security technologies and add new technologies to the network.
- Work closely with the SAIC CISO to identify and recommend process and system improvements to the Orange County security program.
- Must be able to meet all Orange County Law & Justice and departmental clearance requirements prior to starting work
- Must be eligible to pass law enforcement level background investigations and obtain U.S. SECRET (or similar) clearances as required by Orange County
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field
- Minimum 10 years' experience in Cyber Security with at least five of them in a SOC environment
- Demonstrated Experience in Team Leadership
- Demonstrated Experience with Risk Analysis
- Demonstrated Experience Briefing Sr. Leaders
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience in Information Assurance Policy and Guidelines
- NIST Special Publication 800-53
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework
- ITIL® Foundation Level or higher Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 16, 2018, 12:46:16 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SANTA ANA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job