Raytheon intends to offer a proposal in support of the solicitation to support shipboard radar antenna overhaul and repairs to include refurbishment of shipboard radar arrays and pedestals. These services will include but may not be limited to assessment, repair and testing support of antennas at contractor and customer facilities, including overhaul and refurbishment services for a wide range of shipboard radar antennas. Services to be provided at Raytheon Indianapolis and on site at NSWC Crane, Indiana.
The Radar Design / Microwave Electrical Engineer employees their working knowledge of Circuit Cards, Printed Wiring Boards, RF Components and analytical skills in electromagnetic and microwave theory. Responsibilities include design and testing of microwave components, cards and systems plus providing technical support to production and repair activities. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management plus proposal writing and presentation experience are desired. Some travel to integration sites, plus customer and subcontractor facilities, may be required.
- Microwave/RF system, subsystem and component analysis, design and test
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, Mentor Graphics’ Xpedition and analytical tools such as Matlab
- Background designing and testing analog CCAs, including frequency conversion, automatic gain control, amplifier design and analog filter design
- Experience in electrical interconnects and transmission line design
- Understanding of EMI analysis and mitigation techniques
- Propensity for learning through self-study, and being comfortable in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience leading smalls design teams
- Understanding of allocating and flowing down requirements from the system to the component level
- Knowledge of cost estimating, plus budget and schedule management
- Experience in a production environment
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Microwave Systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Radar Systems
- Strong hands on experience with microwave testing techniques, including using spectrum analyzers, Real-time Spectrum Analyzers (RSAs), Vector Network Analyzers (VNAs) and Performance Network Analyzer (PNAs)
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 8 years experience OR
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 6 years experience
Positions are contingent on contract award.
Some of the position may be offered by Team Raytheon companies.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.