Supplier Manager - Virginia Information Technologies Agency (Job Number:436673)
SAIC is seeking a full time Supplier Manager in support of it's Richmond, VA based customer, the Virginia Information Technologies Agency. The selected candidate will operate primarily at an Operational (day-to day) and Tactical (improving service) basis, but will be periodically drawn into operating at a strategic level for identification of new services and suppliers to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a supplier contract database (SCD) in ServiceNow
- Ensuring contracts align with the business and offer good value for money
- Evaluating risk to the Commonwealth of supplier services
- Managing supplier performance to ensure contractual obligations are met for the Commonwealth and across Service Tower Suppliers (STS) in the MSI model
- Assisting VITA in managing contracts throughout their lifecycle, including all changes and variations that may occur
The main duties and responsibilities for the Supplier Manager include but are not limited to:
- Build strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring structured management is in place and the suppliers are appropriately engaged in provision of service to the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Monitor and manage all IT contracts to meet financial and performance targets.
- Monitoring the performance of suppliers in relation to key performance indicators and delivery of services and change.
- They will engage the IT management team to obtain regular feedback from users of the services, and work with suppliers on continual service improvement plans based on this feedback.
- As part of the performance monitoring function the Supplier Manger is responsible for performance benchmarking and will work with all parties to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- The Supplier Manager will actively engage suppliers for major incident reviews to ensure suppliers improve their services following issues.
- The Supplier Manager will work closely with the Commonwealth to manage the forward plan of contract procurement and renewal.
- Take a strategic approach to this to assist the Commonwealth to take best advantage of market capability and drive efficiency and continual service improvement.
- Work with Business Relationship Managers to leverage shared procurement initiatives across the Commonwealth.
- Work with suppliers and IT management to provide further value and opportunities for working in partnership with suppliers to deliver the outcomes of the IT strategy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience. HS Diploma or Equivalent with an additional 4+ years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
- Successful completion of the VITA Enterprise Background Check, to include Virginia State Police and Federal Bureau of Investigations fingerprint background check
- Prior experience working with ServiceNow
- Experience working in ITSM
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, MS Visio, SharePoint, and Adobe Products.
- Prior experience working with or for a Commonwealth of VA Agency or VITA.
- Prior experience in State and Local market
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 18, 2018, 3:54:15 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job