What?s YOUR Mission?
One team driving global growth by creating innovative solutions for customer success?
The Director of Strategy and Emerging Opportunities validates development of market, mission areas and country strategies through analysis and recommendations. Develops domain expertise in multiple markets, mission areas, or countries contributing to the development of companywide growth strategies. Leads discussions on key issues associated with Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) growth strategies for key mission areas, countries and markets with IDS Business Development & Strategy (BD&S) and IDS Leadership Team. Drives strategic alignment between company, mission area, business and product line-level strategies. Facilitates the development of actions necessary to achieve strategic initiatives across mission areas, business, product lines and functions. Evaluate and compare business opportunities as they relate to M&A partnerships.
As a member of the Business Development & Strategy Leadership Team, the incumbent will be actively involved in shaping the future growth of IDS.
Raytheon offers an innovative and inclusive culture, welcoming diversity and collaboration and providing numerous opportunities for career growth, as well as superior benefits.
Raytheon benefits include: Holiday time, Paid time off (PTO), Flexible Schedules (9/80, Modified Time, Part-time), 401(k), Retirement Income Savings, Employee Discounts, Performance Sharing, Educational Assistance, Continuous Learning and much more.
US Citizenship is required as this position needs an active US Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- Leads strategic planning process and creation of key strategy deliverables for IDS (Strategic Dialogue, Strategy to Action development and reviews, road shows, collaboration tools etc.)
- Applies comprehensive analysis of external environment, competitor trends, customer budgets and future needs and IDS capabilities/gaps to develop overall IDS strategy that focuses investment and drive IDS growth.
- Shapes final IDS strategy by influencing IDS Leadership Team members to develop and agree on final strategic plan elements.
- Tracks impact of threats, customer demand signals, policy, economic factors and industrial issues as it impacts IDS strategic development
- Leads and directs market research and market analysis activities for IDS existing and targeted new markets.
- Leads peer competitive analysis through earning calls, recent moves and research on macro level trends.
- Develops and delivers recommendations related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures to BD&S and IDS leadership teams.
- Leads the development of market oriented strategic partnerships both domestically and international as a mechanism to drive additional growth opportunities for the business that is coupled with business growth plans.
- Drives the development of our strategy at the IDS company level to include shaping business areas around new and emerging markets, new product development, P3I, and sustainment. Will be responsible for the shaping of our annual strategic plan, concurrent planning process, new business investment allocations, and functional growth plans.
- Responsible to drive the talent development of the strategy skill set across the business based on the RTN Business Development Competency Model using talent acquisition, talent development, and talent rotations to foster this deployment.
- Minimum of 14 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience in leadership positions associated with developing strategic acumen
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic development and merger and acquisitions
- Bachelor?s Degree
- Active/Current Secret Clearance
- U. S Citizenship is required
- 16+ years of prior relevant experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to influence
- Experience presenting to and interacting with senior Raytheon Leadership and DoD Customers
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with time critical requirements
- Experience in building and leading high-performing and diverse teams
- Communication/presentation, analytical and problem solving skills at executive levels in industry and government
- Experience in generating proposals and supporting subsequent contract negotiations
- Masters of Science or MBA from an accredited university or college
- Top Secret Clearance
Raytheon is an Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.