Position can be a G06 Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer I or a G07 Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer II, based on candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, and responsibility requirements for the position.
Raytheon Tucson has an opportunity for an energetic and motivated Environmental, Health, Safety (EHSS) professional to support our compliance and OSHA Voluntary Protection Programs, and work with individuals and teams to foster employee engagement and drive continuous improvement of our EHSS program and culture.
The successful candidate will demonstrate Environmental, Health and Safety knowledge in one or more of the following areas: occupational Safety, life Safety, industrial hygiene, Environmental sustainability and compliance and will be responsible for developing, managing and implementing EHSS programs and initiatives in a fast-paced engineering, R&D and manufacturing environment. Timely support to and collaboration with multiple customers on a daily basis is essential. Candidate must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work in partnership with colleagues at all levels. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain and improve EHSS programs to assure compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company EHSS requirements. Recognize, evaluate, and control workplace conditions.
- Serve as hands-on, collaborative partner to create and implement EHSS initiatives that drive continuous improvement and foster a culture of Safety for our employees and contractors.
- Support and implement site injury reduction, Environmental, ergonomic and sustainability goals and initiatives.
- Answer employee compliance questions and concerns, and influence safe behaviors.
- Conduct first aid and OSHA injury investigations and root cause analysis. Identify corrective actions and track to completion.
- Organize, coordinate, develop & deliver material for EHSS councils and team meetings.
- Develop and deliver EHSS training.
- Interpret and apply OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, IFC, IBC and other applicable regulations and standards.
- Motivated self-starter - able to apply experience to new situations without detailed instruction or ongoing supervision.
- Collaborative ? works well with individuals and teams at all levels in the business.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize, prioritize and address multiple, simultaneous projects or tasks.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to obtain a DoD secret level security clearance.
Required Education:Bachelor?s degree in Safety Engineering, Occupational Health, Environmental Science, Industrial Hygiene, Emergency Management, Fire Science or related field and 2 years of related experience for an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer I and 4 years of related experience for an Environmental, Health and Safety Engineer II
- Active DoD secret level or higher security clearance.
- Knowledge of OSHA VPP program elements.
- Experience conducting industrial ergonomics assessments.
- Developing and conducting creative EHSS training.
- Performing contractor Safety and oversight activities.
- Conducting engineering project design reviews.
- Experience performing life Safety and building or fire code reviews and audits.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.