Lead Systems Engineer (Job Number:436876)
SAIC has a Job opportunity for a Lead Systems Engineer/Project Manager to support the LITES II contract in Hampton, VA.
Lead Systems Engineer/Project Manager
- Responsible for learning and providing Systems Engineer support of the NASA Engineering Network (NEN) Liferay portal.
- Understanding of system testing practices
- Develop, maintain and support technical infrastructure and system software components.
- Provide technical risk assessment and plans to program management and development team. Drive ongoing product improvements and enhancements.
- Work to debug and implement fixes for an enterprise Liferay platform portal.
- Lead and/or assist with architecture designs, make technical recommendations on implementation methodologies for expanding function
- Lead discussions between the development and customer teams to capture business requirements, stories, use cases, business flows and acceptance criteria
- Provide expertise in the web portal development
- Support the project manager with development and integration tasks and other duties as assigned
- Assist with managing the project team through the project lifecycle including requirements, development, testing/quality assurance, configuration management, and production release
- Assist in evaluating design of New and existing Systems to judge their functionality, effectiveness, reliability, performance, usage, maintainability and cost of ownership
- Assist with managing budget, schedule, resources, and risks throughout the Task Orders delivery
- Assist with managing customer and management expectations and communicate effectively to both
Required Education & Experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science, or Information Systems or relevant technical field
- 5+ years of related technical and project management experience
- Full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Experience with database design and development including Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
- Experience with content management Systems, software version control tools and configuration management tools
- Experience managing project scope, schedule and budget
- Strong technical background and experience in full development of web applications and portal
- Motivated, self-directed, results oriented
- Strong planning and organization skills as role will communicate with varying levels of team members across business stakeholders, technology and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence and motivate others
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Experience working with Liferay software
- Understand and support the Amazon Web Services architecture
- Foundational understanding of Java
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 24, 2018, 1:48:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-HAMPTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job