Major Incident Coordinator (Job Number:436872)
About the SAIC MSI Program
Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) has been awarded a $165 million contract by the Commonwealth of Virginia to serve as a multisourcing service integrator (MSI). Under the contract, SAIC will provide an innovative approach to assist the Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) with modernizing the state?s technology infrastructure. Under the contract, SAIC will coordinate and monitor multiple IT infrastructure services suppliers for state executive branch agencies. The MSI is the cornerstone of a strategy that will diversify the state?s portfolio of suppliers, improve service delivery quality, ensure cost-competitiveness, and provide transparency and accountability into the commonwealth?s service delivery platform.
SAIC is seeking a Major Incident Coordinator to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. The Major Incident Coordinator is responsible for defining and managing the operational activities of the Major Incident Management Process, using the ServiceNow incident management platform. The ideal candidate must also serve as a backup to all position responsibilities using legacy technology and implement capabilities throughout the enterprise for a large infrastructure support program. Essential duties of this position include:
- Drive execution and resolution of major incidents within the Incident Management Console
- Expert knowledge of the ServiceNow ITSM platform
- Communicate effectively by using dashboards, power points, and reports.
This position is involved in ensuring integration with the other Service Management processes such as Incident, Problem, Event and all areas of the ITIL framework. The Major Incident Coordinator stays abreast of new features and functionality, playing a key role in driving continual service improvement. You will have the opportunity to solve complex problems, design user-friendly interfaces, and optimize processes through automation. This position offers the chance to improve the speed, efficiency, and reporting capability of IT services. Major Incident Coordinator will also play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy as well as tactical activities leading to the continual improvement of the environment to meet objectives.
Background / Experience
- Assist Major Incident Handling Process
- Coordinate Major Incident status with Service Desk and follow major incident to resolution
- Performs Major incident monitoring, analysis, content development, and maintenance
- Research, analysis, and response for alerts; including log retrieval and documentation
- Coordination and management of Major Incident Management process activities
- Escalation of risks and issues to the Major Incident Management Process Owner
- Coordinate with all of the stakeholders (components, telecom and IT service providers, other NOCs, other SOCs, etc.) all of the activities associated with the problem description, the potential solution avenues for the problem, and then the final problem solution.
- Utilize ITIL/IT Service Management best practices to identify and analyze patterns and trends from a variety of data sources.
- Analyze root cause, known errors, and track resolution and corrective actions to ensure the root cause does not reoccur.
- Support Program and Project Managers in the collection, interpretation, and monitoring of metrics and events, including but not limited to MTTR, ticket counts, # escalations.
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Incident Management and the Service Desk.
- Drives implementation of standard execution of the Major Incident Management process
- Agrees issue definition, action plan and success criteria with customer (during emergency mode)
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen who must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
-Commands respect for knowledge, experience and excellence within the specific area of Major Incident Management
- Very good understanding of Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management processes
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- At least 1 year of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
Education / Certifications / Other
- AA Degree in related discipline; Or, High School and up to two (2) years of related experience with certification.
-ITIL Foundation Certification or higher, preferred.
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook Calendar, Project, Internet Explorer, and Access), and Adobe Reader, MS SharePoint
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 25, 2018, 6:02:55 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job