Raytheon IIS has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Contracts Negotiator to support the Unmanned Vehicle Control Systems area located in Dulles, VA. This role will report directly to the Contracts Manager. The candidate will provide contract management and administration of various types of contracts with U.S. Department of Defense customers and major Defense prime contractors. The candidate will participate in and/or conduct front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits, proposal preparation and coordination, contract negotiation and administration with moderate to challenging scope and complexity, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. This candidate must be able to understand Forward Pricing Rates, cost estimates of material, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness.
This candidate must be prepared to independently negotiate sound business deals with its customers and provide governance to the program team in carrying out the terms of the contract in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. Must be able to develop and maintain positive customer relationships, both internally and externally. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job will include: Participating in proposal preparation; processing specifications, processing change order requests, progress and other reports; advising management of contractual rights and obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks; compiling and analyzing data; maintaining historical information; learning to interpret contract terms and conditions and developing negotiation strategies; communicating effectively both orally and in writing; negotiating and administering licensing agreements; and complying with import/export laws. Assist Program Managers in achieving Program Business Area financial and performance goals and objectives. Significant emphasis is placed on contributing to growth.
· 6+ years of related experience
· Candidate must have robust knowledge of US Government contracting processes and regulations (e.g. FAR, DFARS).
· Excellent organizational and time management skills are essential.
· Candidate must have solid skills for recognizing, evaluating, and mitigating business risks, including contractual, financial, performance and schedule.
· Must have ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork and trust with both external and internal customers.
· Candidate must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Candidate must be capable of handling several assignments concurrently while still meeting deadlines. Candidate shall be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Experience and understanding of U.S. Government Import and Export control, including ITAR, technical assistance agreements, and export licenses is desirable.
Required: Bachelors Degree in Business, Management, Legal or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience (Bachelor Degree = 8 years of additional applicable experience).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.