Raytheon Space & Airborne Systems - Systems Engineering, Integration and Test (SEIT) EW Electronic Protect Department is seeking talented and collaborative Systems Engineers to help deliver emerging and disruptive solutions to ensure warfighter advantage. This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career Systems Engineer eager to engage in a variety of cutting edge and innovative technology development across the Advanced Concepts & Technology (ACT) business area.
Major activities within the group include working on Collaborative Autonomy, Manned-Unmanned Teaming (MUM-T), Operator Decision Aids, Algorithms, Modeling and Simulation Development, Trade Studies and Data Analysis. As a member of this team, you will provide expertise in systems-of-systems across multiple programs and advise on the development resilient architectures, prototype systems, and support transition to the warfighter.
You will also have an opportunity to work with technologies that can help accelerate and expand the use of semi-autonomous unmanned air systems teamed with manned tactical aircraft; will develop and demonstrate a prototype flexible, open, and assured architecture for manned-unmanned teaming. You will contribute to the development of innovative software frameworks that permit quick and effective hardware and software integration between various platforms and payloads; provide working demonstrations in actual flights of multiple UAVs collaborating semi-autonomously with each other and with human operators to achieve mission objectives; and will be responsible for providing technical guidance and mentorship to other engineers working on systems-of-systems.
- Design, implement and analyze system performance and associated risk assessments in simulation and flight test environments as an Individual Contributor; Develop innovative solutions to complex technical challenges often involving multiple subsystem interactions as both; Provide technical expertise (along with hands on participation) for development activities related to autonomous and collaborative systems and be part of the team to drive the solutions into our products
- Proficiency with algorithmic prototyping and design in Matlab, Java, and/or C/C++
- Communicate with customers (internal and external) to understand requirements and communicate capabilities
- Actively participate in definition of team objectives and provide solutions to complex technical tasks including system design decisions involving trade studies, requirements allocation, and verification methods
- Engage across engineering disciplines to ensure proper implementation and test of autonomous and collaborative designs
- Provide support for programs through participation in project design reviews and peer reviews, including technical briefings to internal leadership and external customers
- Demonstrate ability to continuously adapt to changing business needs
- Minimum Four (4) years of engineering experience in multi-agent systems, or collaborative autonomy or systems-of-systems, including design of algorithms for autonomy and collaboration
- Some technical background in military air operations, combat systems, or similar
- Knowledge and experience in two or more of the following: Track/Information Fusion, Knowledge Representation, Estimation Theory, Planning and Control Methods, Open Architectures, Modeling and Simulation, Operations Analysis, Systems-of-Systems, UAV flight operations, Air Vehicle integration,
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with Active (or active within past 24 months) DoD Secret Clearance
Required Education (including major):
- A “big thinker” who does not operate in a silo, but can think about where a program or product line is heading or needs to go, while considering the technical aspects of how to get there
- Knowledge and understanding of air, space, cyber, Information Operations, and Integrated Air Missile Defense Systems to fuse platforms’ capabilities into a cohesive system-of-systems architecture.
- Ability to successfully thrive in programs with aggressive delivery schedules and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Software Development in Java, C/C++, or MATLAB
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline.Desired Education (including major):
Master’s / Ph.D degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM).
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.