Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for an experienced Subcontract Manager to join their team in El Segundo, CA. You will report directly to the Manager, Space Systems Subcontracts - supporting the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program. You will work with subcontractors to obtain pricing, negotiate contracts, and monitor performance. This includes developing and maintaining compliant procurement documentation, updating business system (SAP/PRISM) with latest schedules/financial information, maintaining status and plans for program and management reporting. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform procurement and supplier management functions in support of the U.S. Government Next Gen OPIR Program supporting Government and Commercial (Domestic and International) subcontracts. Administer and manage high dollar FFP/Cost Type major subcontracts/inter-organizational transfer from $1M to in excess of $25M in value.
- Manage the overall sourcing and procurement activities from development through production and final contract close out.
- Manage tactical and strategic aspects of supplier relationship. Monitor and Manage incoming supply of materials to fully support MRP and independent demand; includes interface with functional and internal support organizations, such as Integrated Product Teams (IPT), Engineering, Production Control, Operations and Material Program Managers, and Program Office.
- Develop supply chain strategies and alternatives. Develop solutions to problems of unusual complexity that require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovation. Perform risk analysis including identifying risks, opportunities, potential impacts, and mitigation plans.
- Lead the supplier management team and be the focal point for subcontractor performance. Includes: RFP generation, Review adequacy of requirements flow-down; Development of negotiation strategy and lead multi-functional negotiation teams; Negotiation of price, delivery, payments and all contractual terms; Purchase order Placement and maintenance; Earned Value Management; Milestone monitoring and completion assessments; Trend analysis.
- Able to perform Price and Cost Analysis. Serve as group level coordinator and program administrator for the High Risk Supplier Management and Enterprise Supplier Risk Tool processes.
- Able to communicate clearly, be proactive in a very fast paced environment, flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility yet be thorough, and drive tasks to completion
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need the ability to access US only data systems.
- Minimum of 6 years of direct DoD procurement/major subcontract management experience
- Experience with New Business Capture and Proposal processes in a subcontracts management role
- Experience working with FAR/DFAR
- Experience in Earned Value Management or related financial management experience
- Experience working in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment
- Experience interfacing with internal customers and all levels of management
- Experience developing and delivering presentations (verbal and/or written) to key stakeholders
- Experience with negotiation of price reductions and terms and conditions
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to learn and effectively apply new tools, processes and procedures
- Ability to travel domestically/internationally, if required. Travel may be overnight and for multiple days at a time.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Desired Skills:
- Direct experience in awarding and managing Cost type subcontracts
- Thorough understanding of risk identification, mitigation and contingency planning
- Knowledge of import / export regulations (ITAR/EAR)
- Six Sigma and productivity improvement experience
- Fluency in Raytheon systems, processes, and procedures
- Active Security Clearance: DOD or SSBI preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similarDesired Education:
Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or similar or recognized certification (eg: CPM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.