M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation?s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean?s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate should be able to gather requirements from customer documents and develop control panel designs, system documentation and operating code for AMX and Crestron control systems. Train less experienced staff. Troubleshoot systems for wiring, configuration or programming problems. Review and approve wiring documents for projects. Configure DSP's and other system components. Troubleshoot system problems including equipment failures, mis-wirings, configuration or programming errors.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, installation, configuration, integration and testing of videoconferencing and integrated audio/visual technologies (videoconferencing, multimedia, displays, video projection systems, audio reinforcement systems, cameras, microphones, document cameras, streaming technologies, etc.) and A/V based collaboration technologies.
- Design, integration and configuration of audio/video systems with AMX and Crestron control systems.
- Develop and conduct on-site user and administrative training for the installed integrated audio/visual systems.
- Design, integrate, test and troubleshoot various NETWORK and telecommunications systems including IP networks and ISDN networks.
- Conduct customer site surveys and provide sales engineering support, including collecting and recording detailed operational, functional and technical requirements, developing project scopes, and providing overall system costing for A/V projects.
- Understanding plans and specifications to identify the types and grades of materials and equipment needed to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in the production of electrical plans, blueprint and drawings
- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Must have system design experience and experience setting up a variety of manufacturer's equipment, including equipment from Biamp, Extron, Clear One, Crestron, AMX, Shure, Barco, Planar, etc
- Experience with IT and/or telecommunications projects.
- Bachelors degree with five to seven years of experience is required.
- Position requires at least 5 ? 7 years of experience in the design of videoconferencing and integrated A/V technologies.
- Position requires at least 7 ? 9 years of experience in the installation and troubleshooting of videoconferencing an integrated A/V technologies.
- Certified Video Engineer (CVE) preferred
- Demonstrated experience designing and installing Jupiter, Extron, Tandberg, Polycom, AMX, Crestron, Lutron, and corresponding hardware and software infrastructure.
- Familiarity with IT, telecommunications, A/V and electrical equipment including related materials and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of videoconferencing standards.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
- Experience performing complex design/build and conceptual design practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Solid Microsoft Office Skills.
- Visio skills a must, AutoCAD a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast paced environment.
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Most qualified candidates would have CTS, CTS-D, Extron, Biamp, AMX , and Crestron certifications, experience doing wire work, experience writing statements of work and training manuals.
See Job Description