Are you a leader who wants to establish a vision and make it a reality?
Do you intentionally work toward “getting the job done” instead of “doing the job?”
If you are a leader ready to bring your talent and skills to the world leader in missile systems, we want to talk to you! We are Raytheon Missile Systems RMS and we design, develop and produce missile systems for critical requirements, including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, and direct energy weapons.
The Electrical Subsystems Directorate (ESD) at RMS performs hardware development and product support for missile systems, from concept to manufacturing. The vision of the ESD is to be the best provider of integrated and affordable electrical subsystems and products through technical innovation and functionally strong partnerships. We are seeking a technical and managerial leader for a center of approximately 500 electrical, optical, and Radio Frequency RF engineers, which are responsible for Subsystem and Subsystem architecture, design, development, and production support.
The Center Manager reports to the ESD Director and works collaboratively as a member of the ESD Leadership Team. This leader must drive a high level of collaboration within ESD to ensure successful architecture, design and development of subsystems, products, and components. This process includes the integration into Subsystems and All-Up-Rounds that meet technical, schedule, and cost requirements and are operationally suitable, manufacturable, and supportable in deployment.
The position must also drive collaboration across Engineering and Operations to ensure that workflow and hand-offs are crisply defined to yield Subsystems and systems that are compliant to technical, schedule, and cost requirements and are operationally suitable, manufacturable, and supportable. The Center Manager will work with the Director performing tactical leadership to ensure program success as well as to provide the strategic direction for the organization. The Center Manager will need to be an effective communicator, leader, task executer, and decision maker, as well as a strong advocate for process improvement, diversity in the work force, staff development, and high professional standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for RMS Subsystem and Subsystem architecture, design and development, and production support
- Technical and managerial leadership of a center of approx. 500 electrical, optical, and RF engineers.
- Leader of leaders for several departments providing primary point of contact for RMS Program leadership and Engineering Chief Engineers for Subsystem and Subsystems engineering.
- Drive a high level of collaboration within ESD and across engineering to ensure successful architecture and design and development of subsystems, products, and components that integrate into Subsystems and All-Up-Rounds that meet technical, schedule, and cost requirements and are operationally suitable, manufacturable, and supportable in deployment.
- Define and drive process scaling in order to match the Center's execution to the acceptable risk profile of each individual program or project.
- Define, enable and deploy Model Based Engineering capabilities.
- Engage in capture efforts (proposals) and drive business innovation and technology innovation to create solutions that delights our RMS customers.
- Define and establish the vision for talent development that strengthens our capabilities in Subsystem and Subsystem engineering and supports the emerging technical and business roadmaps for the company.
- Actively engages in cross business activities such as the Electrical Subsystems Council and is influential in collaborating with peers across the businesses and in advancing the art of electrical subsystems development across the company.
- Ensure a diverse and inclusive culture of respect and trust
- Support ESD process deployment and process improvement
- Support program Independent Reviews
- Support the development of Roadmaps for the Center
- Demonstrated ability to lead cultural and organizational change
- Fourteen (14) years of progressive experience; Preferably Electronics, EO, or RF engineering experience with strong general knowledge of overall Subsystem architectures.
- 2 years significant leadership experience; preferably as a Department Manager, Chief Engineer, or Program Manager with some functional engineering experience
- Experience in financial planning and budgeting skills (overhead, cost controls), as well as experience assessing and managing risk.
- Past management experience working with all levels of management including the engineering leadership team, business area managers/executives within the corporation, as well as with senior customer personnel.
- Must currently have a DoD issued Secret clearance with ability to obtain a higher level clearance
- Must be able to obtain access to proprietary programs
- Willing to relocate to Tucson, AZ (relo. package available)
Required Education (including Major):
- Model Based engineering/Systems Engineering methodologies
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong team player
- Strong passion and vision to improve organization effectiveness through strategic planning
- Experience leading a multi-disciplined effort
- Strong execution skills
- Able to network/influence outside Electrical Subsystems Directorate
- Understands effective talent development
- Recognized for technical capability
- Experience in functional and/or program leadership: including department manager, section manager or Major IPT Lead
- Experience in risk/opportunity management
- Top Secret Security clearance
- Strong understanding of RMS IPDS gates and processes
- Understanding of EV metrics (CPI, SPI, TCPI, BAC, EAC, LRE, etc.)
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Math desirable.
- B.S. degree; preferably in Electrical Engineering, Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics or Math.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.