Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This occupation performs a wide variety of task requiring mechanical and electrical fabrication, assembly and test skills to support the Assembly, Test and Launch Operations (ATLO) of spacecraft. Includes manufacturing and test of ground support equipment, assembly and test of complex assemblies/ subsystems and spacecraft system integration and test support. Duties include: Build, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical ground support equipment. Fabricate ground and flight wire harnesses, and perform continuity and other in-process checks using appropriate equipment and procedures. Inventory and inspect parts for compliance with work instruction and other documentation. Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments. Assemble detail parts/ components into an end product following work instructions (structures, mechanisms, subsystems and systems). Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, and fixtures. Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results. Support spacecraft assembly, subsystem test, environmental test, pack & ship operations and launch site processing. Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve problems. Create and work in a team environment while implementing Continuous Process Improvement. Be able to give/take work direction to/from team members.
- Must have experience working with test and measurement equipment (i.e. multi-meters, scales, torque wrenches).
- Must be able to read and work from schematics, engineering drawings, wiring lists, sketches, wiring connection lists and other information and documentation.
- Some exposure to electrical harness fabrication and repair.
- Electrical trouble shooting skills and ability to obtain solder certification.
- Must be able to calculate and measure (fractions and decimals).
- Ability to work shift work and weekend work required.
- US Citizen.
- Must be able to pass the skills certification courses required by the program OTSDA.
- Must be able to work shift work and weekend work as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to assemble detail parts/ component following work instructions.
- Usage and knowledge of adhesives and bonding materials.
- A&P License preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of crane operations, lifting and handling.
- Knowledge and experience in spacecraft ground processing life cycle in preparation for launch/mission operations.
- Knowledge of Assembly, Test, and Launch Operations.
- Knowledge of general test equipment operations.
- Knowledge of environmental test operations.
- Knowledge of proper use of standard hand tools.
- Manufacturing Skills identified in the Program Operational Technical Skills Plan (OTSDA).
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Littleton Colorado