Provide technical assistance in troubleshooting, identifying, evaluating, developing and repairing voice, data, and/or video systems and procedures.
Ability to work independently on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based on user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment and full implementation follow-through and documentation requirements.
Provide engineering support and troubleshooting for resolving problems and performing moves, adds, changes on live customer networks.
Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians.
Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
5-8 years of related telecommunications experience.
TCP/IP addressing/subnetting knowledge required.
Experience with Routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and VRF)
Experience with VoIP concepts (MGCP, H.323, Voice Gateways, CUCM, etc.).
Knowledge of Cisco router and switch configuration (familiarity with the following hardware types: 28xx, 39xx, 76XX routers). Knowledge of Foundry switch configuration (familiarity with the following Big Iron, Fast Iron and Edge Iron switches).
Knowledge of Juniper switch configuration (familiarity with the EX series of switches).
Experience with public carrier and telecommunications technologies such as T1, fractional T1, DS3, and OC3/12/48 over copper and fiber
Responsible for supporting the enterprise networking operating systems to include Microsoft Windows 2003, Server 2008, Server 2012, Active Directory, Microsoft Windows 7/10, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft System Center
Candidates must possess appropriate current DoD Information Assurance (IA) Certification to be considered for employment, either CompTIA Security+ OR CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+ is the preferred certification. Must attain the required DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification within six (6) months of Hire Date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI and a Polygraph.
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Desire to exceed customer expectations, desire to advance in one's career, strong commitment to program goals and deliverables. Excellent communication skills and strong work ethic. Experience with this client.
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Professional Development Assistance - Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement - toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match - with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a and .
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.