Change Manager (Job Number:437262)
The Change Manager will be critical in supporting the development, maintenance, and execution of the organizational change management structure and framework.
The CBIIT IT Change Management process aims to ensure that standard processes and procedures are used to manage infrastructure changes. CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency. This process provides a standardized set of processes and procedures to be followed across the organization by all individuals in the CBIIT IT organization The Change Management process covers the entire lifecycle of a Change Request from identifying and submitting a Change Request to reviewing and closing a Change Request The IT Change Management process will also cover the process of Post-Implementation review, reporting and continuous improvement The Change Management process applies to all staff involved in the management or execution of the Change Management process and the associated IT services, applications, and support systems Shall act as a Change Manager, responsible for the overall execution of the Change Management process across the enterprise
- Audit and manage the process lifecycle and reports to Contractor and Federal management;
- Schedule Emergency Change Advisory Board (eCAB) meetings when necessary;
- Evaluate performance metrics against the defined critical success factors and institute actions to correct shortcomings or further streamline the process as necessary;
- Responsible to review Change Schedule (CS) for conflicts;
- Serve as an escalation point; Audit and manage the Change Management process lifecycle and reports to upper management; and
- Manage and coordinate all activities necessary to control, track and audit changes.
- Shall act as a Functional Manager, functionally accountable for the changes assigned to an Assignment Group Shall act as a Technical Service Owner, this person is responsible for understanding the impact of changes in a certain technology area
- Shall fulfill assigned roles of the Change Advisory Board, a group of stakeholders who convene to assist in the assessment, approval, and scheduling of changes
- Shall fulfill assigned roles of the Emergency Change Advisory Board, a group of stakeholders who convene in an emergency meeting of the CAB (usually with a reduced number of members), to consider Urgent, High Risk and/or High Impact Changes required, to restore normal service operation to a critical service and/or a high number of users, where no workaround is available
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED SKILLS, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE:
CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency. The CBIIT IT Change Management process recognizes and manages changes to the following types of IT components:
- Hardware, such as Servers (including Physical, Logical and Virtual Servers), which are in the QA Test Production environments; Operating Systems; Network Devices; Storage Devices; Databases; Applications; and Software and Tools, Competencies.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- 3+ years' experience of OCM work experience supporting organizational transformations.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and updating change management strategy, plans, assessments, and trainings.
- Prior experience working for/on federal client sites Experience using ITIL v3 framework to manage IT operations is highly desired.
- Required: ITIL Foundations Certification Required. Intermediate Level required. ITIL Expert required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 5:59:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job