IT Asset Manager (Job Number:437288)
The IT Asset Manager is responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of software and technology-related hardware within the agency. This includes planning, monitoring, and recording software license and/or hardware assets to ensure compliance with vendor contracts. The IT Asset Manager will also develop and implement procedures for tracking agency assets to oversee quality control throughout their lifecycles.
- The IT Asset Management function is the primary point of accountability for the life-cycle management of information technology assets throughout the organization
- IITOB's IT Asset Management uses integrated software solutions that work with all Divisions, Offices, and Centers (DOCs) that are involved in the procurement, deployment, management, and expense reporting of IT assets
- IITOBs IT Asset Management uses integrated software solutions that work with all DOCs that are involved in the procurement, deployment, management, and expense reporting of IT assets
- CBIIT's Infrastructure and Information Technology Operations Branch (IITOB) provides for the appropriate use of information technology and infrastructure that exemplifies commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, and professionalism, and results in optimal support of the agency's Mission.
- Support the agency in the development and maintenance of policies, standards, processes, systems, and measurements that enable the organization to best manage the IT Asset Portfolio with respect to risk, cost, control, IT Governance, compliance, and business performance objectives established by the government
- Follow the current CBIIT process, which includes request and approval, procurement management support, life cycle management, redeployment, and disposal management.
- CBIIT refers to the Center for Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology, which provides for the appropriate use of data science, informatics, and IT, exemplifying a commitment to customer service, teamwork, pride, professionalism and resulting in optimal support to the Agency.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- Experience with Network devices, Servers, Applications, software.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- 5+ years' experience of IT Asset Management supporting federal civilian agencies.
- At least five years of general experience
- Prior experience working for/on federal client sites
- Experience using ITIL v3 framework to manage IT Asset Management operations is highly desired.
- ITIL Foundations Certification Required.
- ITIL Expert required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 6:14:33 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job