C&J Energy (cjenergy.com)
C&J Energy Services is one of the most dynamic companies in the oilfield services industry. We are an energetic, fast-moving leader, offering the most in-demand services and operating in the hottest shale regions. Our company went public in 2011 and has achieved record growth ever since. Our rapid success allows us to offer great opportunities at all levels of our company, which is why the best people in the business want to join our ranks. Perhaps you will be the next.
The Hot Oil Operator drives and operates the Hot Oil Truck. The Hot Oil Truck carries either water or oil that is heated by a heating system that is part of the unit. This heated fluid is used to perform a variety of functions used in oil field operations. These functions may include the heating of flow lines, production tanks, production strings in the well bore, and may be used as a steam cleaner. All duties of the Hot Oil Operator are to be performed according to the Company operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of all personnel at the work site and to efficiently perform the task.
1. The Hot Oil Operator drives the Hot Oil Unit to the location loaded with the appropriate fluid as required to do the job. S/he operates mechanical controls that transfers the fluid from the Hot Oil Unit to its destination. This position requires the employee to lift pipe from the racks on the unit, make up and lay the pipe from the unit to the vessel, tank, line or well head; monitoring of the amount of fluid required for the job and operating open flame or heat conversion equipment to heat the fluid in a safe manner.
2. The Hot Oil Operator is required to drive the truck to and from the yard location to the loading station or customer's location. This will require the employee to be knowledgeable of all applicable DOT Rules and Regulations, and to all job related Company, Local, State and Federal requirements.
3. This position will require the Hot Oil Operator to maintain accurate work tickets based on the Companies requirements and the work performed for the customer as well as the ability to maintain accurate driving log books, pre-trip/post-trip inspections and maintenance files on the vehicle. This position is responsible for alerting appropriate supervision when mechanical defects are noted on the unit or the truck as well as alerting supervision when work hours may exceed the DOT maximums.
4. Knowledge of basic maintenance concepts is required for this position to perform light to heavy repairs as may be required. All brake work performed on the vehicle will require the driver to have the proper brake certification. This position requires the use of hand tools and other equipment associated with the vehicle.
5. This position requires various types and levels of job related training with respect to the operations of the equipment and Company Standard Operating Procedures and also other specialized training as required by regulatory agencies and the company.
6. Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
* Pass the company's drug screen.
* Pass the company's "Physical Functions Assessment".
* Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
* Acceptable criminal history.
* Ability to read, write and speak English to the extent that they are able to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
* Heavy Work- Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Medium Work.
* This position requires lifting and carrying, pulling or pushing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, and climbing ladders or stairs while working either indoors or outdoors.
* While performing the job, will be required to lift/carry, pull/push, reach, squat, kneel, and or climb ladders or stairs.
* This position requires the ability to wear the following personal protective equipment to including safety glasses, face shields, goggles, ear muffs/plugs, hard hat, steel toe boots, SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus,) H2S detectors, slicker or TYVEK chemical suits and gloves.
* Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying environmental conditions. This may include chemicals, gases, cold/heat, noise, dampness, dust, fumes, radiation and heights. Exposure to the above conditions should be handled as prescribed in the Company's Accident Prevention Handbook and/or the Company's Standard Operating Procedures.
* Valid CDL A or B driver's license with the proper endorsements required for the type vehicle operated.
* Must have the basic knowledge of the oil field and related equipment associated with the trucking, heating, and pumping of fluids used in the oil field applications.
* Must have the applicable knowledge of DOT Rules and Regulations as required for the position.
* Must have the ability to operate the Hot Oil Unit and its use in a safe efficient manner.
* Must have the knowledge required to calculate displacement, volumes, weights and knowledge of transport capabilities, weights allowed by Local, State, Company and Federal regulations.