Accounting Team Manager (Job Number:437254)
Job Title: Accounting Team Manager
Job Field: Accounting Services
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects.
SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion.
The Shared Service Center organization provides Cash Application, Fixed Asset Accounting, Lease Accounting, Travel Accounting, Stock and Retirement Accounting, Benefits Accounting, and Payroll Accounting services within SAIC.
We are a dedicated world-class finance organization built on a foundation of strong ethics and integrity, innovative business solutions, business insight and partnership, and leadership and career development that enables the successful execution of the enterprise strategy.
The SSC organization currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager position. This is an excellent opportunity to be exposed to Corporate organizations and various other areas within the SSC.
This position is accountable for all General Accounting processes performed at the SSC in accordance with customer requirements, operating performance requirements, and internal and external policy/regulatory compliance requirements. The selected candidate will establish operating objectives and priorities for the SSC Accounting organization and coordinate extensively with corporate, line and SSC finance personnel to establish operating procedures having company wide-impact. This position will report to the SSC Finance Director.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Establish and maintain operating procedures for all SSC accounting work-streams (e.g., cash accounting, fixed assets, general ledger accounting, census reporting, payroll and benefits)
- Maintain an effective system of internal controls to ensure compliance with all policies and regulatory requirements (e.g., GAAP, FAR, DCAA, SOX)
- Ensure integrity and reliability for all accounting processes to meet corporate financial closing and reporting requirements and deadlines
- Prioritize and assign responsibilities and projects to team members
- Propose recommendations / revisions to corporate accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Drive for continuous process and technology improvements across the enterprise by identifying areas to improve service, operational efficiency / effectiveness and controls / compliance
- Primary responsibility for ensuring that all requirements are met related to internal and external audit matters
- Review schedules and analysis to meet corporate financial reporting requirements
- Develop and monitor performance metrics and key indicators, taking corrective actions as appropriate
- Orchestrate acquisition integration activities and post-acquisition reviews
- Support Corporate Accounting related to special requests and initiatives
- Interface with leadership of other departments throughout the organization (e.g. Risk, Legal, Accounting, Treasury, Government Accounting, Customer Group and Market Segment finance and accounting personnel, etc.)
- Accountable for division budget and financial performance/cost control
- Responsible for effective management of SSC Accounting resources
- Provide day to day management and direction of all resources
- Ensure clear responsibilities exist for each role
- Determine appropriate staffing levels to meet objectives
- Performance objectives and personnel reviews
- Career development of finance staff including mentoring, training, and succession planning
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Professional proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong 360 degree leadership and communication (verbal, written, presentation) skills
- Demonstrated ability to team with other functional organizations and execute process improvements in a matrix managed environment
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline and 10+ years of related progressive experience in leading and managing high performing teams of professionals; Master?s degree with 8+ years of related experience.
- Knowledge of defense industry compliance requirements (FAR, CAS, DCAA, SOX)
- CPA or Advanced Degree
- Experience with an ERP system
- Deltek Costpoint experience is preferred
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 11, 2018, 8:46:51 PM
Primary Location: United States-TN-OAK RIDGE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job