The world of investing is fascinating yet complex. While hundreds of first -time investors are turning to the markets to help pay for their homes, send their children to college and secure their futures the mission of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is becoming all the more vital. CSRA is excited to support the SEC in as it seeks to protect investors, maintain fair, orderly, and efficient markets, and facilitate capital formation.
The SEC ISS program is a comprehensive IT program charged with operating, managing, and advancing the SEC?s IT infrastructure. Our dynamic program team of IT leaders and large and small business partners is seeking bright, energetic and talented individuals to join us as we bring our innovative IT Service Delivery solutions to SEC. Currently, we are seeking an SME Network/UNIX Admin Engineer for the Washington, DC location. The selected candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
- Support and manage EDGAR Infrastructure critical security related projects such as Open Vulnerability items; Isolate Form ID to separate hardware; File Level Encryption; Develop code and deploy Change Request to add log checking for known EDGAR Tomcat hacks; Solaris Server deployments for increased encryption capacity; Add RAM to increase capacity; etc.
- Manage and address customer inquiries and issues in a timely manner including disk space issues, patching failures, problems with insufficient server resources, application failures, user account and access management issues, physical disk replacements, installing and upgrading server software, etc., on Solaris and Windows systems.
- Recognize, identify and prioritize incidents in accordance with SEC policies and operational impact.
- Take ownership of issues and provide timely response to all incidents and outages.
- Work to triage or troubleshoot an issue with activities such as log research, restarting application services, and event correlation.
- Carefully track and document in detail all issues and resolutions in the ticketing system according to standard company policies and procedures.
- Manage routine incident and request tickets with minimum direction.
- When problems are too large or complex for quick troubleshooting, escalate the issue to management, other IT resources or 3rd party vendors for assistance in reaching a resolution.
- In a 24 x 7 operational environment, support multiple technical teams with high uptime requirements.
- Collaborate with others to resolve information technology issues.
- Use networking skills to trace network traffic based on source and destination IP address
- System Admin SME Level experience of UNIX & LINUX servers, commands and command line use
- System Admin SME Level experience of Microsoft Windows Server
- Experience of Cisco routers and switches
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of network concepts, technologies, terms, tools and devices such as but not limited to routers, switches, sub-netting, WAN/LAN implementations, OSI Model, TCP/IP, Telnet, Broadband, WiFi, Ethernet, Firewall, etc.
- SME level knowledge of Enterprise applications running over networks.
- Hands-on network & application troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with routing protocols
- Understand High Availability environment
- Capable to learn and follow process procedures
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Ability to quickly assess a situation and determine tactical steps forward.
- Strong ability to diagnose server or network alerts, events or issues.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Good oral comprehension and communication skills.
- Good written communication skills
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
- 4 year Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related major
- Certifications in Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.
- ITIL Certified
- Knowledge of incident and change management
- Experience with incident ticketing tools
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts
- Scripting experience
It would be great if you also had:
- Certifications in Solaris, Linux, Windows, etc.
- Certifications in Network
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together ? figuratively and literally ? of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
Is this role not perfect for you, but you?re still interested in learning more about what CSRA has to offer? We have other opportunities available as well! Visit this link to join our Talent Community today: