General Dynamics Mission Systems (https://gdmissionsystems.com/careers/)
Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Material Science, Business or Applied Management or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree or equivalent plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Responsibilities for this Position
GDMS has an immediate opening for a Advanced Material Planning Specialist. The position provides an opportunity to enhance the performance and profitability of an organization that supports some of our nation?s fundamental defense services. GDMS employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Subject matter expert in the production planning and material requirements tool and shares knowledge with others in the organization
- Develops detailed schedules, production plans and capacity plans
- Creates complex bills of material for large programs
- Reviews work authorization documents and generates material program plans, coordinates kick-off meetings with functional departments to communicate program goals and objectives
- May assist in detailed proposal analysis with program personnel and/or customer community as requested
- Initiate, modify and maintain program schedules for outside vendors and in-house manufacturing as needed
- Provides reports on unit status and shipments as required
- May direct staff meetings
- May schedule and develop employee development plans
- Coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient management skills
- Proficient ability to manage multiple programs
- Effective risk management identification and implementation of risk reduction plan
- Proficient ability to lead a team to successful conclusions
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of date requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Ability to network with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise
- Subject matter expert in numerous areas pertaining to planning and control of material
- Ability to support complex negotiations with customers and/or suppliers as needed
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.