Raytheon Solipsys is an industry leader in the development of integrated C4I Network Centric Warfare solutions for both the Domestic and International DoD. This position will be engaged with exciting and innovative advancements in Multi-Sensor and Information Fusion, Networked Situational Awareness, and Visualization technologies.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer to serve as a Systems Engineering Lead on projects and programs for our Fulton, Maryland office (in Maple Lawn) who is talented, highly motivated, has a passion for finding innovative solutions to problems, and committed to quality to join our team. You will work with great people who enjoy what they do! Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or Salary Grade G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as it relates to the educational requirement for the position.
Key areas of responsibility will include: Serve as Technical Director and Lead Systems Engineer for challenging software system development programs, System requirements analysis, definition and management, System architecture design, Design synthesis, Trade studies,Technical support for software development team, Systems integration, test and performance verification.
- Minimum 6 years experience in Systems or Software Engineering with DoD contract work required.
- Previous experience in the application of command and control systems to air surveillance, defense, and control mission with proven experience in an engineering lead position.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- BS in Engineering related discipline, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science. MS or Ph.D. desired.
- Prior experience in a leadership role on a program serving as a lead system engineer, defining architecture and developing the system model for the solution.
- Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) techniques and applying them as a Cost Account Manager (CAM).
- Ability to understand and apply commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the systems engineering field (ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288, Mil-Std-499B).
- Understanding of a Requirements Management Tool such as DOORS (preferred) or RequisitePro.
- Knowledge of Solipsys software products and systems.
- Understanding of C++ and Java Software.
- Understanding of tactical data links such as Link 16.
- Understanding of track filtering and track management techniques and algorithms and experience developing models of these techniques for detailed behavioral and performance analysis.
- Understanding of CMMI processes and standards.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) techniques, and the Unified Modeling Language (UML) and the use of a system architecture management tool such as Sparxsystems Enterprise Architect.
- Working knowledge of Agile Scrum process.
- Ability to work with standard MS Office product suite applications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, positively influence team members, establish and maintain excellent customer relationships and deliver positive results.
- Adept at communicating with all levels within and outside the company, ability to prepare and deliver presentations/summaries (both verbal and written) which appropriately address the intended audience.
- Willingness for domestic and international travel (5-10%)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.