Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking a Principal Human Resources Generalist to support the Engineering Function in El Segundo, CA. The HR Generalist will be part of a Human Resources team helping to build strategy, improve organizational performance, and develop capability for the Whole Life Engineering Center. The selected candidate will partner with leaders as a coach and architect on topics including organizational effectiveness and change, talent management, organizational learning, talent development, performance management, compensation, benefits, and employee relations. Additional areas of responsibility include facilitating the design and delivery of processes that enable the business to meet objectives. The HR Generalist must be innovative and adapt well to change. The successful candidate must foster a strong customer service orientation, work collaboratively on teams, and consult effectively and independently with all levels of the organization.
- Serves as a business partner focusing on brokering solutions to business problems.
- Collaborates with other HR professionals in delivering quality support to the client groups.
- Helps to coordinate Talent Management strategies to include performance development, workforce planning, succession planning, and knowledge transfer and talent acquisition.
- Provides guidance and counsel to leaders and employees with regards to programs, processes, and activities for client group.
- Communicates and implements pro-active employee strategies pertaining to employee relations, team-based initiatives, training, leadership development, employee communications, and compensation and benefits in support of the goals and strategic objectives.
- Focuses on employee advocacy, creating a positive employee environment and culture.
- Coaches leadership on matters concerning development of staff to enhance effectiveness and potential. Shifting the emphasis from resolving issues for others to building leadership capabilities to address and resolve both human and technical aspects of the work environment.
- Travels to offsite facilities in support of HR programs, leadership development, conflict resolution and case investigations as needed.
- Bachelor?s degree in business administration, human resources or a related field
- Minimum of 6 years of HR experience consisting of coaching and consulting with management and employees on talent development, organizational change, performance management, organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, compensation, and employee relations
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with high levels of confidentiality
- Must have strong communication skills to include verbal, written, and interpersonal
- Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- Ability to operate independently in order to review, diagnose, and implement solutions to HR issues within client groups.
- Ability to influence and manage change in a multi-region, matrix organization.
- Certification in HR such as the PHR or SPHR
- Graduate of a Human Resources Leadership Development Program
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.