Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Sr Engineer, Network - Network Engineer (L3)
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Network Services Engineer:
- Engineer/manage the transport of video and data networks establishing and maintaining the transport layer environment of the unit's portion of the Cyberspace domain through network management/enterprise systems management (NM/ESM) functions to include fault management; configuration management; auditing and accountability measures; maintaining performance standards; and implementing security measures at all levels in support of combat information superiority and command and control. Candidate will provide specifications and manage the operation and internetworking of both satellite and terrestrial telecommunications networks; network systems equipment; network nodal transmission and transport systems; network management system platforms; networked information systems and associated personnel at the wide area network level. They plan; manage; integrate; optimize and troubleshoot communications networks and networked-systems connectivity and capacity in order to transmit information as an element of combat power. They supervise and oversee network security planning and the implementation and use of electronic keys and frequency management tools to support communications networks and networked-systems. They develop policy recommendations and provide technical guidance and advice to commanders and staffs on the integration and operation of Army; joint; intergovernmental; interagency and multinational communications networks and networked-systems. May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Provide research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives
- Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software
- Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation
- Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
- Desired Computing Environment Certification: CCNP, or CCNP-Security
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- High School Diploma/GED with 10 years of related experience, or Associate's Degree with 8 years of experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 6 years of experience, or Master's Degree with 4 years of experience
4-10 years of directly related experience in network analysis and administration.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.