Aerospace Engineer (Propulsion) (Job Number:437321)
- SAIC is seeking an Aerospace Engineer with a specialized background in solid rocket motor design, development, integration and test.
- This position provides advisory and assistance service to Government technical and program management on developmental activities related to system performance, risk, and contracts management.
- Analysis of requirements and design artifacts associated with solid rocket motor subsystems and their integration (e.g., requirements, propellant composition and grain, case materials and design, ignitors, nozzles, operating environments, thrust performance, etc.).
- Development of entrance and exit criteria in support of system and subsystem design reviews (i.e., SRR, PDR, CDR).
- Assessment and critique of Technology Readiness Level(s)/Manufacturing Readiness Level(s) plans, assertions, and evidence.
- Propose development activities for Government contract actions such as Statement of Work tasks and Contract Data Requirements List items.
- Review of development contractor proposals, cost basis of estimate, and rough order of magnitude cost estimates.
- Assess requirements for Flight Termination System(s) and design implementations for compliance with the Range Commanders Council Flight Termination Systems Commonality Standard (RCC 319).
- Support functional and performance testing, as well as integration and test activities.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 14+ years of experience, or Master's degree and 12+ years of experience, or PhD and 9+ years of experience (experience relevant to Aerospace Engineering with emphasis on propulsion subsystems).
- Knowledge of specifications and standards related to rocket motor design, development and test as well as Flight Termination Systems.
- Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Department of Defense Weapon System Acquisition processes.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:17:20 PM
Primary Location: United States-CA-EL SEGUNDO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 75% of the time
Shift: Day Job