Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:437306)
- Manage a team of software Systems engineers that are responsible for installation, testing, configuration, maintenance, and deployment of applicable functional capabilities with a US government civilian research agency.
- This position will be an IT generalist with broad experience and strong current understanding of all IT domains (Infrastructure, Networking, Applications engineering, Applications Hosting, Security, Cloud, and others).
- Use your understanding of Systems engineering across the full development lifecycle; requirements analysis, documentation, design, development, and test and evaluation in order to leverage that perspective in review and development of related documents
- Work on complex projects which will require original thinking and New approaches, guides, aids and manages others on a major program, support priorities and ensures that the work products for the group conform to standards
- Provide software installation and support for users of NCI-provided applications, including basic to advanced software operations and general use of computers and peripherals
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience.
- Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
- Clearance Level To Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of NCI IT software management tools: LanRev, BigFix, JAMF(Mac), SCCM(Windows), and Pacewalk (Linux server)
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have experience in presenting material to senior federal officials
- Experience drafting concept definition papers, analysis of alternatives, and business cases as necessary.
- 5+ years of related Systems engineering and administration experience in a US Government civilian agency supporting the full range of IT Infrastructure.
- Cloud certifications and related IT networking, security certifications are a plus
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of Systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 4:33:35 PM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ROCKVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job