Financial Software Systems Engineer (Job Number:437347)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
SAIC is hiring a Financial Software Systems Engineer in Richmond, VA to support VITA.
Note: This role offer 50% telework.
- Working with the vendor to set up the software for the IT financial management system for the overall MSI for IT services.
- Provide technical expertise in the development of software design, including user stories, business process documentation, workflow charts, diagrams, data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- Analyze user requirements, writing and testing code, redefining and rewriting as necessary
- Execute technical development of IT financial management system
- Ensures that the requirements for the IT financial management system are properly configured and the software is set up properly.
- Play a key role in representing current and future capabilities of supporting ITSM tools, and contributing to long-term strategy.
- Collaborate with VITA to identify, document and communicate technical requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all team members, stakeholders and project sponsors on technical and non- technical topics.
- Plan, elicit, capture, analyze and validate technical requirements.
- Participate in requirements elicitation sessions and walkthroughs with business and IT resources.
- Strive toward continual optimization across processes using technology to solve issues and increase efficiency.
- Plan and execute technical testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Collaborate with end users on developing comprehensive test cases.
- Produce timely and high quality requirements-related work products, including requirement specifications.
- Answer questions and clarify requirements for projects and enhancements during sprints.
- Evolve into a subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other organizations.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Security Clearance Requirement
- US Citizen who must be able to pass a Commonwealth of Virginia background check.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor?s Degree and 5+ years of experience; Masters and 3+ years of experience, PHD and 0 years of experience. HS Diploma, GED or Equivalent will be considered with 4+ years in addition to minimum requirement in lieu of degree.
- Experience in the implementation, configuration, and ongoing support of Financial Management software in an enterprise environment.
- Experience in Test phase of implementation of SaaS enterprise applications.
- SQL development and Oracle database experience
- 5 years? experience in a technical environment translating customer requirements and building software configurations
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Candidate must have flexibility to accommodate time-sensitive and mission-critical work.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) applications and common office software applications.
- Experience building databases and configurations
- Experience working in an Agile framework such as scrum teams
- Experience with extreme programming and test driven development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret customer technical requirements and recommend efficiency improvements that fit within the software platform
- Ability to manage and focus on multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Technical writing experience
- Experience or familiarity with Digital Fuel or Apptio
- Experience or familiarity with ServiceNow
- ITIL Foundation Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC¿s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 10:03:41 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-RICHMOND
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job