Deputy PM (DPM) - AAV (Job Number:437332)
JOB DESCRIPTION for Deputy Program Management Manager, Military Vehicle Manufacturing Program: The Deputy Program Manager will assist the Program Manager in leading the development and delivery of amphibious vehicles from concept to mass production. This role requires strong engineering and managerial experience with specific expertise in manufacturing process execution, development and continuous improvement. In collaboration with cross-functional team members from across the Program (Contracts, Design Engineering, Integrated Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality, Information Technology, etc.) this role will ensure that all contractual requirements and program deliverables are on schedule and within budget. The position will report to the Program Manager. The Deputy Program Manager will be self-motivated with the ability to influence and guide others in decision- making processes throughout the product/project lifecycle while possessing the:
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment,
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously,
- Ability to lead a team to execute and deliver business results, and
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external customers, business partners, subcontractors, suppliers, and vendors.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and analyzing engineering designs and providing recommendations with respect to: operations, human factors, quality, reliability, maintainability, manufacturing, and production.
- Providing leadership in program execution, anticipating and solving problems, and ensuring inter-group communication and cooperation.
- Assessing issues and risks, and developing solutions to maintain schedule, quality, and meet performance goals and objectives.
- Supporting the Program?s planning as it relates to the design and the delivery of technical solutions supporting customer requests and/or product improvements.
- Exhibiting an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Applying and/or developing highly integrated plans from program principles and/or concepts to meet program objectives.
- Responsibility for developing and successfully implementing program budgets.
- Responsibility for developing engineering initiatives to optimize: production layouts; processes and equipment engineering plans; and process yields to ensure expected improvements in time and quality are achieved.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of ideas for: Productivity, Rapid Improvement, and Kaizen projects.
- Managing the creation of new process instructions and standards, and ensuring training materials are available to train users in all tools, measurements, and procedures required.
- Demonstrated leadership by example through prioritizing safety, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, and ownership.
- Ability and willingness to perform technical aspects of the position.
- Interfaces with: SAIC, the customer and user representatives as required by the Program Manager.
- Actively promotes a culture of safety, health, and personal well-being for self, employees, and the program team.
- Maintaining a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety and environmental objectives and policies.
- Proficiency in managing to and complying with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to: ethics, export control, proprietary information, document/record retention, public communication, etc.
Required Education & Experience:
? Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field and fifteen (15) years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, and/or program management (or a Masters and thirteen (13) years of experience)
? Minimum of 5 years managing large complex programs
? Must be able to obtain: Secret
Experience in engineering systems to include:
- PTC Suite (Windchill and Creo) Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Significant firm fixed price, defined delivery experience.
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to work across functional boundaries and build a team are required.
- Ability to contribute in design reviews and assist during validation and qualification, to include safety and ergonomics.
- Demonstrated experience performing the full range of Supplier Management with respect to: subcontractors, suppliers, and/or vendors (scope definition, negotiation, execution, issue resolution, acceptance, etc.).
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close projects.
- Ability to hire, develop, motivate, direct, and retain staff.
- Ability to prioritize, multi- task, and delegate.
- Ability to identify, manage and mitigate risk.
- Ability to plan strategically.
- Ability to effectively represent the Company / Program.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively manage interpersonal relations and conflicts.
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems.
- Extensive experience with MS Office products.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master?s Degree in technical discipline or MBA
- Extensive military vehicle or automotive production experience
- Extensive experience with USMC or US Army product development, production, and fielding processes
- Experience with USMC or Army Program management
- Experience managing foreign subcontractors, suppliers, and/or vendors (scope definition, negotiation, execution, issue resolution, acceptance, ITAR, exporting, licensing, etc.).
- Experience with lean principles and techniques to include Visual Management, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Cycle Time Reduction and Process Balancing, Yokoten, 5S, and/or Set Up Reduction (SMED)
- Earned Value Management
- Lean Six Sigma Experience
- ISO-9001:2015 Experience
- Quality system certification or experience OSHA Training and/or certification
- PMP Certification
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 7:42:05 PM
Primary Location: United States-SC-NORTH CHARLESTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job