JS J7 JTPS: Sr. Training Analyst (Job Number:436882)
Priority Task: SMEB 5.4 Significant Military Exercise Brief (SMEB):
- The candidate shall develop, review and coordinate SMEB packages.
- The information will be developed and submitted by the Combatant Commands and Services based on PPD-5, DODI C-5030.44, and CJCSM 3500.03E to the Joint Staff J7 for the development of the brief. 5.4.1
- The candidate shall coordinate, submit and track SMEBs as directed by PPD-5, DODI C-5030.44, and CJCSM 3500.03E.
- The candidate shall track packages using the Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS) and the Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) system.
- Track and coordinate with the Joint Staff, OSD and others as directed by PPD-5, DODI C-5030.44, and CJCSM 3500.03E. Provide tracking status to submitters. 5.4.2
- The candidate shall develop, review, and revise SMEB-related DoD and joint policy documents. 5.4.3
- The candidate shall assist in the development, coordination, and submission of the exercise schedule as required by PPD-5 and DODI C-5030.44.
- Candidate shall coordinate quarterly updates with the Combatant Commands and Services.
- Candidate shall coordinate the semi- annual schedule submission to OSD with recommendations on exercises requiring a SMEB.
- The candidate shall also prepare and edit information papers, briefings, spreadsheets, and reports related to all manner of Department of Defense exercise and training issues to military and civilian audiences, and within the bounds of security restrictions, to interagency partners and allies.
Secondary Tasks 5.2 Joint Training System Publications Revision:
- The candidate shall support updates and revisions to CJCS joint training related publications in accordance with CJCSI 5701.01C Policy for the Development of CJCS, Joint Staff, and J-Directorate Directives, dated 1 Oct 11.
- The candidate shall review annual and event-driven update requirements and develop a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) for each publication within three calendar months from contract award.
- The POA&M shall include the date of publication, the approximate date when the revision process should begin in order to complete the revision process before the publication expires. 5.2.1
- The candidate shall develop and coordinate, updates and revisions, including the development and maintenance of a comment resolution matrix for tracking Command, Service, Combat Support Agency (CSA), and Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) recommended inputs. 220.127.116.11
- The Candidate shall recommend adjudication of received comments with appropriate references to authoritative documents. 5.2.2
Joint Training Policy and Guidance Improvement Inputs:
- The candidate shall draft and propose recommended updates and revisions to CJCSI 3500.01 series, "Joint Training Policy for the Armed Forces of the United States." Due no later than 60 days prior to the publication?s recertification date. 5.2.3
Chairman?s Joint Training Guidance Improvement Inputs:
- The candidate shall draft and propose recommended updates and revisions to CJCSN 3500.01 series, ?Chairman?s Joint Training Guidance,? published annually. Due no later than 60 days prior to the publication?s recertification date.
5.2.4 CJCSM 3500.03 Series Joint Training Manual Improvement Inputs:
- The candidate shall draft and propose recommended updates and revisions to CJCSM 3500.03 series, "Joint Training Manual for the Armed Forces of the United States." Due no later than 60 days prior to the publication?s recertification date.
5.2.5 CJCSM 3511.01 Series Joint Training Resources Manual Improvement Inputs:
- The candidate shall draft and propose recommended updates and revisions to CJCSM 3511.01 series, "Joint Training Resources for the Armed Forces of the United States." Due no later than 60 days prior to the publication?s recertification date.
5.2.6 CJCSG 3501 Series The Joint Training System ? A Guide for Senior Leaders Improvement Inputs:
- The candidate shall draft and propose recommended updates and revisions to CJCSG 3501 series, "The Joint Training System ? A Guide for Senior Leaders." Due no later than 60 days prior to the publication?s recertification date.
5.3 Conference Support:
- The candidate shall develop a draft Plan of Action & Milestones (POA&M), including detailed checklists, proposed goals and objectives, ground rules, roles & responsibilities, venue and meeting space requirements, registration, visitor information booklets, information packets, briefing binders, website design, note-taking and recording, and follow-up support to facilitate Joint Staff J-7 hosted conferences, working groups, and planning meetings.
- This shall be accomplished for a minimum of one (1) J-7 sponsored conference/event.
- Conference expenses shall conform to DoD fiscal law, rules, regulations, and policy.
- The deliverable is due 3 months prior to each conference.
- 5.3.1 Conference Minutes, Proceedings, and Similar Documents:
- The candidate shall draft an appropriate documents summarizing the proceedings and outcomes of J-7-hosted conferences.
- In addition to providing a summary narrative of the proceedings of the conference, the documents will summarize issues identified, discussed and, if appropriate, decisions made or guidance provided.
- The draft documents will be delivered no later than 30 days after the completion of each conference.
5.5 Joint Training and Exercise Analysis Support:
- The candidate shall support PPD by providing analytical expertise regarding joint training and exercises.
- 5.5.1 Identification of recurring and enduring training challenges confronting combatant commands and Services as evidenced by their training proficiency assessments (TPA), after action reporting of exercises, and, if appropriate, observations noted in the joint lessons learned information system (JLLIS).
- 5.5.2 The candidate shall produce a quarterly report of joint exercises using data resident in JTIMS to form the basis of an approved exercise list qualifying for joint experience credit.
- The joint exercises included in the report must have a direct relevance to the definition of joint matters IAW CJCSI 1330.05. 5.5.3
- The candidate shall review Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) documents to determine accuracy and completeness of joint training-related content.
- Provide recommended updates or revisions in standard comment resolution matrix format IAW JSM 5711.01.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience;.
Must have expert knowledge on how to process Significant Military Exercise Briefs (SMEBs)
Must have expertise in the functions and use of Joint Training Information Management System (JTIMS)
Must have functional knowledge and proficiency in Joint Staff Action Process ? Next (JSAP-N) system
Must know how to use SharePoint, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
Must be able to communicate orally and in writing effectively
Must have experience communicating and coordinating with the leadership at the Joint Staff, OSD, combatant commands, Services, Department of State, National Security Staff, and other leaders throughout the Defense Department
Should have experience developing executive level PowerPoint briefings
- Top Secret
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see ( My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 12, 2018, 8:04:50 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job