Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
Lockheed Martin Space is helping the future arrive through partnerships that raise the bar on global communications, weather forecasting, space exploration and national security. With major operations in Denver, Colorado, and Sunnyvale, California, Space is focused on several core lines of business, Advanced Technology Center, Civil Space, Commercial Space, Military Space, Mission Solutions, Special Programs and Strategic Missile Defense.
The Space industry is rapidly changing. Lockheed Martin Space remains focused on shaping the space technologies of tomorrow by taking bold actions today! Join our team to contribute to our strategy to stay ahead of the curve and evolve to support the critical missions of our customers!
This is a fast paced and dynamic Engineering Human Resources team that provides strategic human capital support that aligns with the Engineering organization's strategic initiatives, including:
- Enabling Affordability & Efficiency
- Driving use of Standard Products & Common Design
- Positioning our Products & Workforce for the Future
- Executing on Programs and Reducing Engineering Errors
The Senior HR Business Partner will be a champion of Lockheed Martin's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders on strategic human capital initiatives. The role will solve complex organizational challenges and will be an integral part of the client's leadership team. This requires data analysis and the development of innovative solutions to support and execute Lockheed Martin's Human Capital Strategy.
o Provide strategic and sustainable human capital solutions aligned to the corporate strategy, including:
o Salary Management Planning
o Total Rewards & Performance Management
o Talent Management Planning and Analysis
o Employee Relations & Coaching
o Workforce Planning & Management
o HR Metrics Compilation and Reporting
o Learning & Development Planning and Analysis
As a consult to leadership, employees and cross-functional groups a successful HR Business Partner will provide HR support to accomplish client, organizational and corporate objectives. Utilizing project management skills from design through implementation and sustainment, successful candidates will deliver value-added HR initiatives to clients in support of the business.
Some travel and willingness to work extended hours on occasion is required.
- Employee Relations experience
- Human Resources Business Partner or HR Functional experience (Total Rewards & Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Development or Labor Relations)
- Project management experience through full lifecycle (design, develop, implement)
- Demonstrated experience in change management (driving organization change or leading a change effort)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience developing and analyze metrics
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to other Lockheed Martin sites, not limited to but including Springfield, VA, Herndon, VA, Valley Forge, PA and Greenbelt, MD.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, HR or related field
- Experience in Organizational Development, Leadership Coaching, Workforce Planning and Management, Compensation and/or Project Management
- HRBP/Generalist experience
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills with the ability to adjust style as needed to develop effective relationships with all levels of leadership, employees and peers locally and virtually
- Self-motivated and resourceful with focus on action closure
- Ability to demonstrate sound reasoning and judgment
- Analytical skills and ability to present solutions to issues in a concise manner to varying levels of leadership
- Demonstrated influencing, coaching and relationship building skills
- Greenbelt or continuous improvement training
- SHRM certification
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
City(s): Herndon, Springfield