The Earth and Space Observing Solutions (ESOS) Finance Manager is looking for a strong candidate to lead our NOAA High Performance Computing (HPC) program. The program will provide comprehensive numerical modeling of the global system including the cornerstone of weather forecasting, weather and climate research, and understanding ecosystems and coastal issues.This is a competitive pursuit and will be staffed out of the Dulles, VG or Riverdale, MD facility.This position may be staffed as a labor grade Sr. Program Cost Schedule and Control Analyst I or II depending on experience.
The successful candidate must have a firm understanding of financial principles and demonstrate application through hands on experience. The candidate must ensure successful execution of the program through Earned Value Management (EVMS) including: baseline generation, maintenance, Estimate at Complete (EAC) generation, proactive analysis, data review and reporting.The candidate must be able to develop solutions using a high degree of creativity, ingenuity and innovation in a fast-paced environment and interpret and ensure implementation of Raytheon Financial Policies, Procedures and Program Management Best Practices.
Duties include but not limited to:
Provide cost, schedule, EVMS analysis/reporting, funding planning, reporting, monitoring, and analysis support utilizing standard company tools and in compliance with standard processes.
- Development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS)
- Development of time-phased budgets and schedules
- Provide analysis and reporting of T&M labor cost and profit reporting
- Monitor costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct end objective
- Measure performance (earned value) on a monthly basis and generate EV reports, status, graphs, analysis, etc. as required for internal reporting.
- Provide PMO and CAMS with internal reports on cost and schedule performance
- Prepare and present program review presentations for Raytheon management and the end customer
- Provide funding forecast to internal/external customers (CFSR). Monitor billing status and unbilled issues
- Work with leadership team to accurately forecast and recognize Bookings/Sales/Profit/Cash and provide variance analysis
- Support audits of financial information by internal auditors, external auditors, DCAA and other agencies - Assist with development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP's)
Required Education (including Major): BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, or business related field.
- 4+ years for a Sr. Analyst I or 6+ years for a Sr. Analyst II of related finance experience in multiple aspects of financial management and business analysis including program controls
- Experience presenting complex information to all levels of staff and management in a clear and concise manner
- Understanding of contract structures on development program with various fee plans
- Firm understanding of Earned Value Management fundamentals
- Solid understanding of IMS, integration of cost and schedule, updates to the WBS and OBS, defining control accounts, planning packages and work packages
- Ability to support updates to ETCs on a monthly basis and developing EACs consistent with company policy
- Ability to work in process driven environment and communicate requirements
- Ability to work within rapidly changing business environment and make critical decisions that are based upon sound financial principles
- Understand and perform analysis on the Annual Operating Plan, (AOP), Forecast, and Short Range Outlook
- Experience organizing, preparing, and presenting briefings to Customers, Management, and peers
- Demonstrated sense of urgency and ability to meet multiple commitments as expected.
- Strong skills with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, clear verbal and writing abilities, task flexibility, sensitivity to customer?s needs.
- Strong leadership, mentoring and training skills.
- Fluent in all aspects of Finance (Program Controls, Accounting, Forecasting).
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.