Information Assurance Cyber Operations Team
Principal Information Assurance Cyber Specialist
IA Cyber Technical Specialist (Unix/Linux)
This is an important role in the Raytheon IDS Information Assurance Cyber Operations Team. This opportunity is for an IA Cyber Technical Specialist position at the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) business. The primary responsibility is to function as the IA Cyber Unix/Linux Subject Matter Expert (SME) supporting implementation of Risk Management Framework across the business. This individual will interface between the Global Security Services (GSS) Information Assurance/Cyber organization and the Information Technology Cyber Solutions Team to ensure the efficient, consistent application of information security processes and controls cross the business. This individual will be the IA Unix/Linux SME and would be involved in the evaluation and implementation of any changes to security relevant processes, tools, software and architecture proposed for the business. This individual would ensure proposed solutions meet Customer regulatory requirements.
Position will report directly to the IA Cyber Operations Manager and will receive work direction from the IA Cyber Technical Manager.
Candidate must be a self-starter capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic, deadline driven environment without appreciable direction. In addition to solid technical Unix/Linux skills, this individual must possess excellent writing, speaking, analytical, organizational, and customer service skills.
This position requires an existing and current SECRET security clearance.
This position is ERIP eligible.
Capped relocation support is available to the selected applicant if eligible per Company policy. Amount of budget to be discussed at the appropriate time.
Position requires specific knowledge and/or experience in the following:
- Hands on experience administering Linux/Unix environments
- Primary expertise in information assurance/cybersecurity, communications security, information security related technologies, system security requirements development and pertinent directive and statutory documents
- Strong understanding and experience working with one of the Cybersecurity Frameworks, NIST, PCI, ISO or CIS.
- Currently possess a SECRET clearance
- Background in certification and accreditation of classified information systems and networks
- DoD 8570.1 IAM Level III certified: CISSP/CISM or other applicable certification. If not currently certified, incumbent must receive certification within 6 mos. of hire.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to tailor technical discussions to various audiences
- Possess excellent time management skills
- Able to think strategically
- Prior experience implementing Risk Management Framework (RMF) NIST 800-53.
- Knowledge of computer forensics tools and investigative methodology
- Previous experience with at least one of the tools: Vulnerability Scanning (i.e., Nessus); SIEM; DLP solutions; Encryption
- Working knowledge of Cloud security principles.
- Previous experience understanding and implementing RMF. NISPOM, JAFAN, ICD, Etc.
- Strong change management and team management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to influence change without formal authority
- Previous experience with the development and maintenance of technical documentation
- Experience in Key Management architecture design, development and documentation
Minimum of 8 years of information assurance/information technology experience with a Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Information Assurance or other related field or 6 years of related experience with a Master?s Degree.
What?s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We?re inspired by a noble mission that?s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you?re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America?s Best Employers by visiting us online at
Stay Connected: Don?t miss out on what?s happening at Raytheon.
Raytheon: Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.