Sr. Electrical Engineer I/II: Phased Array Design, Integration, and Test Engineer
We have an opportunity for an electrical engineering who is seeking to utilize his/her strong academic background and experience in antenna and radar system theory and design, including architectures and RF/Microwave components, subsystems and Active Electronically Steered Antennas (AESA). The successful candidate will employ their working knowledge of electromagnetic theory and radar systems, and their analytical skills in radar, antenna, and microwave systems. The successful candidate will also be hands on with AESA hardware. Responsibilities will include analysis of phased arrays for conceptual design, hands-on testing of microwave components and antennas along with array assembly and array integration and test. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management experience are desired.
This position can be a Salary Grade G08 or Salary Grade G09 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and responsibility requirements for the position.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Skills and Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 4 years direct experience OR
MS degree in Electrical Engineering plus minimum of 2 years experience OR
Experience should be in the following:
-Antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
-Integration and Test experience of developed hardware
-Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST and analytical tools such as MatLab.
- Candidates should have a propensity for learning through self-study, and be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Theory, and Radar Systems
- Hands on experience with antenna testing techniques, including near field range, far field range or compact range testing
- Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzers, and antenna measurements
- Experience working with phased arrays in both analysis and hardware
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Experience in cost estimating, budget and schedule management
- Experience leading technical teams in antenna, RF/microwave, or radar developments
- Existing Secret clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance with interim clearance prior to start date
Bring your talent and skills to the following IDS group:
Electrical Design Directorate (EDD)
EDD provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo, and combat system competencies (process and control, integration and test, power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies).
EDD has responsibility for the following areas:
· Phased Array Radar design ? RF/ microwave antenna design
· Power and Electronic systems design
· Receiver & Exciter Design - REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design,
Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
· Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A
Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
· Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
· Digital Systems ? System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
· Software Design - Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
· Photonics Design ? Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
Opportunities currently exist within EDD?s Antenna and Microwave Department. The Antenna and Microwave Department has responsibility for the following:
?Antenna Systems - Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level Analysis, Assembly, Integration and Test
?Antenna/Microwave Subsystems - Phased Array Subsystems, High Power Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
?RF/Microwave Design - Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Amplifiers, Ferrites, Component Test, Material Characterization
?Antenna Design - Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
Members of the Antenna and Microwave Department hold key roles in all of Raytheon?s Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) programs. An example of work performed in this department is phased array antenna design ? and the analysis of array performance, including time side lobes, noise figure, noise floor, and other parameters. This work requires an engineer familiar with the use of numerical modeling techniques and tools to determine the impact of array performance on radar or communication system performance. Working in this department involves close cooperation and communication with other engineering disciplines including systems, mechanical, software. Engineers in this department also follow their designs into production supporting manufacturing operations and system integration and test functions. Teamwork, trust and accurate results are essential to the success of working in this department within the Electrical Design Directorate.
Other examples of work performed within the Antenna and Microwave department include: design of Radio Frequency, Microwave and Millimeter Wave circuits, components or modules for use in radar or communication systems and measurement of subsystems using antenna test techniques, equipment and facilities.
Keywords: antennas, radars, HFSS, ADS, CST, MatLab
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.