Senior Big Fix Engineer (Job Number:437086)
SAIC is hiring a Senior Big Fix Engineer in Washington, D.C.
- Performs day-to-day activities required to distribute application and software packages using BigFix to end user hardware.
- Ensures all hardware are within compliance of the common operating environment, identifying and remediating discrepancies.
- Provides information and data utilized for asset reporting.
- Completes overall patch/release management as well as ensures all packages are deployed efficiently and as transparently as possible. Identifies, manages, and monitors for vulnerabilities that may effect compliancy requirements and change management procedures.
- Troubleshoots related issues for users and performs problem resolution in regard to related service requests.
- Provides subject matter expertise on issues and tasks related to the remote distribution of packages.
Location: 110 F Street NE, D.C.
- Bachelors and 9+ yrs experience or no degree with 13+ years
- Must have related experience distributing application and software packages using a remote deployment tools, specifically IBM BigFix.
- Must have experience monitoring end user hardware for vulnerabilities and compliance.
Must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance prior to starting
Hours: M-F; must join on call rotation; will require some weekend work
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 2:55:06 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job