Operations Center - Watch Officer (VG00935) (Job Number:437285)
SAIC has an opening for an Operations Center - Watch Officer located in Washington, DC.
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 6am-2pm
Operations Center ? Watch Officer, provides leadership and management for the IT Service Organization Operations Center support networking, voice services, security operations, enterprise mobility, email, and other related collaboration, communications and messaging systems for the Department of State worldwide.
Develops and initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Operations Center within the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program.
The Technical Effort includes:
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Enterprise Incidents and Changes for the Operations Center on the assigned shift.
- Coordinates support of the Department of State Enterprise-wide systems and services associated with networking, voice services, security operations, email and related collaboration tools, and Enterprise mobility and messaging.
- Develops and manages ITIL-based services using Service Operations, Service Transition and Continual Service Improvement methodologies.
- Reviews the effectiveness and efficiency of the Incident and Change Management framework and processes.
- Interfaces, coordinates, and resolves issues with multiple senior government managers and worldwide embassies and posts.
- Conducts data analysis independently and in coordination with service areas to quickly identify system and service issues.
- Conducts long range planning to ensure system and service continuity of operations (i.e. power outages and Enterprise-affecting projects).
- Frequently interacts with outside customers and functional peer groups.
- Provides programmatic and technical guidance to other personnel as needed.
- Develops written procedures related to service activities.
- Ensures that internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Fosters a comprehensive understanding of how all areas collectively integrate and contribute towards achieving the Operation Center?s objectives.
- Ensures vendor performance during the shift is monitored and actions taken if warranted
- Ensure that the Ops Center has the minimum staff members to ensure adequate coverage at all times.
- Be familiar with the Escalating Procedures of all other operation centers.
- Ensure that all outages and issues are reported in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Expertise in Active Directory, Email Operations, or System Administration
Teamwork and Diversity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and contribute towards program goals
- Willingness to exercise initiative with focus on enhancing the team effort.
- Ability to acknowledge, respect and appreciate each team member's contributions and find value in diverse cultures and perspectives.
- Ability to exercise fairness in dealings without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) difficult/sensitive information tactfully and in accordance with established communication security policies to senior-level management.
- Ability to escalate issues in timing with standing operating procedures.
- Ability to cordially assist and maintain professionalism in high-stress environments.
- Ability to employ unbiased listening and be responsive to customer questions and requests.
- Sustained focus and interest in problem solving.
- Strong Networking background
- Working knowledge of WAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP LAN technologies
- Knowledge of enterprise network operations and computing technologies including MS Exchange 2003, 2010, AD/Exchange integration, enterprise networks.
Formal Education & Certification
- BS degree in the field of Computer Science or Information Technology, or Masters degree with 6 years of experience in Information Technology, or 15 years of Information Technology experience.
- Strong Plus Formal industry certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP ? various); CISCO CCNA or Comptia Network+; Experience with HP Openview, Remedy, MS SCOM, NETIQ or NeuralStar
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US Government security clearance at the level of Top Secret.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 13, 2018, 2:37:36 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job