Senior Network Engineer (Job Number:437358)
- Member of team of network engineers responsible for planning, design, implementation, and tier-3 support of unclassified and classified networks at HQ USCENTCOM and within the USCENTCOM area of responsibility.
- Responsibilities include providing engineering support and technical expertise on all data network issues in the headquarters locations and locations deployed within theater; interfacing with transport providers to coordinate engineering of Tier 1 to Tier 0 interface connections; addressing interoperability issues and requirements.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for all matters related to network infrastructure efforts.
- Perform analyses on networks to ensure service reliability and operational efficiency.
- Supports project engineering planning and execution to enable new network installations and hardware upgrades.
- Perform engineering trouble shooting/problem solving at the system and component levels.
- Ensures security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Evaluates, develops, and optimizes telecommunications systems.
- Establishes and implements network policies, procedures, and standards and ensures their conformance with information systems and organization objectives.
- Devises solutions to operational problems within the capacity and operational limitations of installed equipment.
- May develop and execute contingency plans for network related hardware failures including isolated and major outages.
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of the network resources.
- General understanding of ITILv3 framework; ensures all network projects and initiatives define and deliver appropriate artifacts that fits the customer needs.
- Bachelor?s degree and 9+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 13+ years of experience.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliance (CompTIA Security+ or equivalent) required for this position
- Top Secret required with ability to obtain TS/SCI; TS/SCI is preferred.
- CCNP is highly desired.
- Must be familiar with security protocols, hardware capabilities, system performance parameter trades, and reliability design approaches for critical real time operations support capabilities.
- Must be able to provide recommended approaches and current status to the customer, with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated Expert level hands on experience with Routing Protocols (i.e. OSPF, EIGRP,BGP)
- Demonstrated Expert level hands on experience with network security technologies to include: Firewalls, IPSec, HAIPE
- Demonstrated Professional level experience with MPLS, MP-BGP, Multicast
- Hands on experience with Unified Communication technologies
- Hands on experience with troubleshooting/diagnostics using packet analyzation tools (Wireshark)
- Must be proficient with Visio - Unified communications (VOIP and video-teleconferencing) experience desired.
- Travel required ? experience within the US Central Command region preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Aug 16, 2018, 2:36:03 PM
Primary Location: United States-FL-MACDILL AFB
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-FL-TAMPA