Lockheed Martin (www.lockheedmartin.com)
full-time employee contract
This position is for a flight test control engineer at Edwards Air Force Base, CA to provide ground operations support for flight test planning, execution, and verification/validation of performance at the F-16 Combined Test Force (CTF). The applicant will also be expected to provide ground ops support at the F-22 CTF as needed. The applicant will team with US Air Force, contractor, and civil service engineers as part of an integrated test team for developmental and operational tests. This position will serve as the principal focal point between aircraft maintenance and flight operations engineering personnel. He/she will (1) the coordinate and direct the execution of preflight and post-flight activities to ensure aircraft test readiness, (2) provide configuration control of aircraft software and hardware configurations to ensure that hardware, software, and instrumentation configurations are correct to meet test objectives, (3) coordinate maintenance and logistic support for systems checkouts, flight operations, and anomaly troubleshooting, and (4) coordinate as required with other organizations associated with test readiness.
May act as the team lead on projects to develop solution design and implementation aspects of tasks ensuring high quality, integrated solutions within constraints of time and budget. This position will act as the principal focal point between maintenance, engineering and flight crew. Relays maintenance related aircraft constraints to the aircraft FTE's. Consult with management on changes or problems. Solve application and technical problems working collaboratively and independently with individuals from diverse technical disciplines and represent the organization frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts; Adapt to quickly changing tasks and requirements and learn new skills quickly. Independently determine and develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems consistent with organization objectives.
**Odd shifts, overtime, travel and weekend work may be required as needed.
Broad knowledge of fighter aircraft flight test methods, aircraft maintenance, avionics maintenance and flight test instrumentation.
Experienced in USAF maintenance activities and procedures, and T-2 modification processes.
Must have an active/current Secret clearance.
*Odd shifts, overtime, travel and weekend work may be required as needed.
- (F-16 experience is highly preferred / F-22 experience desired) Broad knowledge of fighter aircraft flight test methods, aircraft maintenance, avionics maintenance and flight test instrumentation.
- Exceptional planning and coordinating skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of project management is desired. The applicant must have a strong customer focus, reinforced with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill. Above average oral and written communication skills are desired.
- Ability to work to constraints of time and budget.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing tasks and requirements and the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience with DIMS and ability to read aircraft drawings
- Possess general knowledge of other related aircraft engineering disciplines.
- Excellent customer intimacy skills (i.e. listening, understanding, questioning in a non-threatening manner, differentiating between customer?s wants and needs)
- Self-motivated, organized, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, possess an ability to solve application and technical problems requiring attention to detail
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin?s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers? toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we?re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Edwards Air Force Base California