Raytheon Applied Signal Technology (RAST) is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Our Engineering Division currently has an opening for a Software Test Engineer. As a Software Test Engineer, the applicant will be responsible Responsibilities include the creation, evaluation, and execution of test plans and strategies on both Windows and Linux operating systems, analysis and documentation of test results, and preparation of test reports. They will work in collaboration with other Test Engineers, as well as the Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, and Mission Engineering teams to identify and solve complex problems. Duties may also include participation in customer presentations and reviews and the development of test automation scripts.
- Minimum of 4 years of Software test experience
- Experience preparing and presenting reports and briefings
- Experience with Preparing test procedures
- Experience with conducting test procedures
- Experience utilizing discrepancy report systems
- Experience working with Integrated Product Teams
- Experience with debugging systems
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Experience with automated Testing and test script development
- Experience with version control systems, such as git
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python
- Experience with process improvement
- Experience and/or knowledge of network protocols, such as TCP/IP
- Experience with or basic understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing
- Experience with system-level integration and Testing, specifically, the integration of advanced, custom processing systems, testbeds, and Software
- Experience using Linux, Windows and Microsoft Office
- Existing TS/SCI clearance (Active within the last 24 months)
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.Desired Education:
Bachelors of Science (BS) Degree. Majors include: Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software
Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons 117132
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.