Senior Principal Electrical Engineer: System Lead (Antenna & Microwave)
We are seeking candidates with a strong working knowledge of radar systems including architectures and RF/Microwave components and subsystems and a strong working knowledge of electromagnetic theory.
Candidates will enjoy using their strong analytical skills in radar, antenna, and microwave systems, as well as hands-on experience in the testing of microwave components and antennas. Candidates will employ their written and oral communications skills, and a desire to provide technical support for proposal activities. Team leadership skills including cost and schedule management experience are desired. Candidates will have a propensity for learning through self-study, and be comfortable in a multi-tasking environment.Candidate must also be capable of working with multi-disciplines of engineering.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 12+ years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Experience in radar system design and radar system operation
- Experience leading technical teams in antenna, RF/microwave, or radar developments
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.What?s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We?re inspired by a noble mission that?s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you?re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America?s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don?t miss out on what?s happening at Raytheon.
- MS degree in Electrical Engineering and 8+ years of experience in antenna or radar analysis and hardware design and test
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong academic background that includes courses in: Microwave Engineering, Electromagnetic Theory, Antenna Theory, and Radar Systems
- Hands-on experience with electromagnetic simulation tools such as Ansoft HFSS, HP ADS, and phased array or RCS analysis tools
- Strong measurement capability, including Vector Network Analyzers, and antenna measurements
- Experience in technical writing, proposal writing, and oral presentations
- Experience in cost estimating, budget and schedule management
Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.