Software Engineer - Embedded Systems (Job Number:437352)
- SAIC is seeking a Software Engineer - Embedded Systems in Warren, MI
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs application Software.
- Conducts analysis and collaborates with subject matter experts in the planning, design, development, and utilization of Software on Embedded systems.
- Hands-on Embedded Software system development from lab to field application.
- End product is special use and customized Software.
- Determines computing system requirements; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops autonomous services, desktop applications, scripts, and utility programs.
- Ensures Software standards are met.
- Plans, and supervises complex engineering/science research and is a Subject Matter Expert.
- Provides analysis, guidance, and insight into the engineering, scientific or technical discipline under evaluation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree with 5 years experience or M.A/M.S. with 3 years experience.
- Degree in Software, engineering, scientific or technical discipline.
- Advanced degree is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret clearance.
- Technical capability in the area of ground systems Embedded Software engineering; knowledge in Software architecture modeling and Software development.
- Experience in hands-on development of Embedded Software in a system integration lab (SIL) environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ISO/IEC 12207 standards for Software and systems engineering.
- Ability to develop Software requirements to translate stakeholder needs into Software requirements.
- Proficient in high level programming languages like C/C++.
- Familiar with operating systems like Linux.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation Software (LabView, MATLAB), Scripting Tools and Microcontroller experience.
- Knowledge of Communication Buses (CAN (J1939), USB, Ethernet).
- Knowledge of QT for development of user interfaces.
- Knowledge of Data Distribution Services (DDS).
- Familiar with development tools such as VMWARE, Visual Studio, DOORS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with development of autonomous vehicle Software preferred.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 28, 2018, 2:21:29 PM
Primary Location: United States-MI-WARREN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job