Nestle USA (www.nestlejobs.com)
JOB TITLE: Maint. Team Specialist DEPARTMENT: Maintenance
GRADE: 6 REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
JOB NUMBER: 3-08-34 FLSA STATUS: Hourly
ISO LEVEL: 2.0 REVISED DATE: February 10, 2012
Maintenance Team Specialist is responsible for the daily shift operations and other team members on the shift. This includes but is not limited to: Delegating work orders and PM?s to other co workers on the shift; Regular coorespondence with Maintenance Supervisor in to determine priorities and discuss issues/conflicts regarding, machines, equipment, or employees; Assure that work orders and Pm?s are being completed and that the needs of the factory are being met on a timely basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
All Maint. Team Specialist:
1. Making decisions regarding plant equipment, safety and personnel
2. Accurately create, maintain, and modify computer log entries, and other required paperwork as needed.
3. Assist Supervisor writing and conducting co-worker evaluations
4. Authority to give verbal warnings, and may suggest more extensive corrective action if necessary.
5. Perform Maintenance on buildings, grounds, equipment and machinery in accordance with safety standards specified by the manufacturer, OSHA, company policy, federal or state regulations.
6. Directly contact manufacturers and/or suppliers regarding equipment or supplies needed.
7. Dismantle machines/equipment to gain access to the location that needs fixed, modified, or updated
8. Clean and lubricate machines/equipment when necessary
9. In charge of replacing fuses; light fixtures and lamps; painting walls, floors, woodwork; clean clogged drains; and snow/ice removal during the winter months.
10. Attend classes to keep updated on new technologies, safety procedures, and techniques
11. Accurately completes all required documentation and system transactions.
12. Maintain quality control per company guidelines.
13. Performs all job duties in accordance with the company?s safety guidelines.
14. Perform job rotations during scheduled workday depending on production needs.
15. Dispose of trash and clean work area thoroughly.
16. Work any assignment as directed by Supervisor.
17. Work overtime as assigned by Supervisor.
18. Complete all jobs in any area as assigned by supervisors.
19. Assure regular and timely attendance per company guidelines.
20. Participate in on-going training to enhance knowledge and skills.
21. Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at or above the performance standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school education or GED preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple to more complex instructions, formulas, policies and procedures. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10?s and 100?s. Ability to perform these operations using units weight measurement, volume and distance.
Good computer knowledge. Ability to comprehend internal inventory system and input data accurately.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must pass physical capacity evaluation examination.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to climb ladders or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will frequently push or pull pallets, bins, lugs or cylinders.
The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and food fumes or airborne food particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet conditions and occasionally exposed to high places, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.