Our Nestle R&D facility is charged with driving innovation and global mastership in the baby Food category to meet the unique nutritional and developmental needs of infants and toddlers.
We are currently recruiting for a Sr Food Technologist at our Fremont, Michigan location.
Main Purpose of Job:
Design, plan, validate and implement the development of new products, line extensions, product improvements for Infant Meals & Drinks or Performance Nutrition that are in compliance with established safety standards, good manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and will follow and uphold all Food Safety, Food Quality, Occupational Safety, Health and Environment policies as pertains to role. Lead and provide technical expertise on cross-functional project teams, including technical oversight of internal and external manufacturing start-ups.
Innovation/Renovation- Design, execute and analyze experimental approach for product design. Develop information for Product/ingredient specifications, in-process control points and testing requirements. Support, coordinate and conduct pilot plant trials and factory scale trials. Effectively trouble shoot and offer plausible, executable solutions.
Project Management: Create project direction by providing technical input through the planning and decision making process and effectively communicating with senior cross-functional group management. Can manage multiple moderately complex projects with moderate independence.
Pipeline Replenishment-Create project direction and effectively lead capability development projects (Cat 1) with moderate involvement from Supervisor. Participates in exploratory activities and product scouting to surface new product ideas and technical opportunities.
Leadership- Create & influence project direction by providing technical input through the planning and decision making process. Able to identify and resolve project conflicts.
Nestle is an 'Equal Opportunity Employer' and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Minimum 2-6 years applicable Food Science or related discipline
- Bachelors degree with 6+ years of applicable Food Science experience
- Masters Degree with 4+ years of applicable Food Science experience
- Ph.D degree with 2+ years of applicable Food Science experience
Advanced Degree preferred
- Food technology
- Team leadership and project management across functions
- Industry safety standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Good understanding of NPDI, GLOBE specification process and PMD creationThe Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.