Raytheon IIS Systems Engineering is currently seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for an international multi-int cyber and analytics technology and operations system. Would you like to work in a collaborative environment in Dulles, VA? Then join our Raytheon team of engineers solving problems that make the world a safer place. Click here to view a brief video and learn more:
Our facility in Dulles, VA is a modern campus that offers an on-site cafeteria, large gym, as well as convenient access to a host of amenities in the Virginia/DC/Maryland metropolitan area and proximity to outdoor recreation in Shenandoah National Park and George Washington National Forest. Additionally, we offer employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, paternity leave, dental, vision, 401K match, and flexible work schedule - just to name a few.
The candidate will be involved throughout the full lifecycle of the program and will be working in a collaborative environment which is characterized by respect for the individual, problem solving in a team setting, consensus oriented solutions, and results based recognition. In support of the SE team leads, the candidate will perform systems engineering analyses on the functional and system requirements to include the identification and analysis of cyber requirements architecture definition, interface definition, system level design, product integration, requirement validation and verification, and fielding of products.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter, has excellent written and verbal communication skills, and works effectively and collaboratively in a team environment. The candidate has a strong work ethic and is flexible and adaptable in order to respond to mission critical needs as they arise.
• Minimum of 4 years of systems and/or software engineering experience
• Experience working in Cyber program and tools with a basic understanding cyber analysis and defense
• Experience working in all phases of the product development life-cycle
• Experience using engineering processes and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to assess requirements, identify dependencies and develop response plans
• Experience with CONOPS/OPSCON development
• Experience with interface definition / documentation (ICDs)
• Strong interpersonal, communications, organizational and planning skills
• Ability to manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines as demonstrated by successful execution experience
• Strong commitment to quality customer service and delivery of mission critical capabilities
• Must be a US Citizen in possession of a valid U.S. Passport
• Must be able to travel to Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region (as needed up to 30%).
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively within Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) using agile, spiral, and waterfall development methodologies
• Experience in conducting trade studies
• Experience in preparing technical review briefings
• Experience with direct interface with customers and/or end users
• Spoken Arabic
Requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience, unless prohibited by local laws/regulations. B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math and 4 years relevant work experience. In lieu of a degree, 12 years of relevant work experience can be used.
This position is contingent on award
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.