This position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level the analyst continues to develop his/her financial and technical skills, and interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Primary goal will be to assist in ensuring the accuracy and first time quality for Period End Close, quarterly Dynamic Forecasts and supporting factories on adherence to costing standards for manufacturing and execution of GLOBE costing solution.
This position is highly service oriented and involves interaction with Operations Controlling, Technical and Production and Procurement to develop, analyze, and update standard costs for factories and execute actual costs activities at Period End Close. This position will utilize Material Ledger to generate actual cost calculations and support factories in execution of their processes to generate accurate case cost. This associate will play a key role in maintaining the integrity of the Corporate Costing and reporting processes for material costs related to, Standard Costs, Transfer Prices, Actual Costs, and Dynamic Forecasts.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Execute monthly Material Ledger including analysis, account reconciliation, error handling activity and FA0100-COGS (cost of goods sold) Control balances unallocated. Develop plan to clear unallocated balances working with factories and Technical groups as needed.
2. Create, maintain and update all master data in SAP for manufacturing Cost Centers. Create assessment cycles to clear factory Cost Center Accounting balances and execute Product Related Overheads assessment cycles.
3.. Prepare standard monthly manufacturing reports for Maintenance & Improvements spend, Working Capital and other ad-hoc reporting requests.
4. Execute quarterly Dynamic Forecast (DF) process to generate Cost of Production (COP) costing runs. Maintain and enhance reporting tools to analyze costing runs.
5. As SME support the factories on daily basis to ensure compliance with Costing Standards for Manufacturing and adherence to GLOBE costing solution
6. Prepare monthly Balance Sheet accounts with fully supported analysis of balances
7. Assist in Training factories on topics in the annual training catalogue
8. Other responsibilities as assigned such as deployment of new tools, integration of new businesses
- BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Costing
- Prior experience in Manufacturing/ Operations preferred
- Must be willing to travel 10% of time.
- Strong SAP / technical knowledge
- Ability to convert data, interpret and analyze to make business decisions
- Strong Excel and ACCESS knowledge preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.