Are you a college student about to graduate or a recent grad with a degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Safety Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Engineering Technology? Are you interested in working with our Engineering teams to influence hardware and systems early on in their life cycle? Do you like to assure effectiveness, safety, and reliability? Does Maintainability and economical ownership for the end user interest you?
Then you might be ready to begin your professional career as a Systems Engineer within the Whole Life Engineering Directorate, (WLED).
-U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Systems Engineer I
The Systems Engineer will interface with both internal and external customers and attend and brief working groups, Program Design Reviews, and Technical Interface Meetings.
Do you have this Basic Qualification?
BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Marine Engineering, Computer or Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a related engineering curriculum
U.S Citizenship is required.
Do you have any of the following Desired Qualifications?
- Strong analytical skills
- Cumulative GPA of 3.O or higher
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; knowledge of MS Office or other presentation tools
- Experience in the preparation and presentation of briefing material
- Prior military service operating and/or maintaining various defense systems
- Internship or co-op experience with a defense contractor and/or government agency
- Ability to influence product design to optimize product supportability
- Familiarity with associated Military and Commercial supportability Standards and Practices
- Ability to review technical documentation for accuracy and compliance with existing standards
- Ability to identify concerns, suggest solutions, and follow through to closure
- Experience with database applications
Be a key contributor to our Whole Life Engineering team!The Whole Life Engineering Directorate (WLED) is made up of several disciplines whose main objective is to influence hardware and systems early in their life cycle to assure effective operation, reliability, maintainability and economical ownership by the customer and end user.Potential areas of specialization include:
KeywordsFailure Reporting and Corrective Action System, FRACAS, Reliability Engineering, Maintainability Engineering, Safety Engineering, Software Safety. Logistics Engineering, Obsolescence Engineering, Cost Engineering, Risk and opportunity.-Technical Documentation and Training Engineering-Logistics Supply and Transportation Engineering-Repair and Upgrade EngineeringSound like the kind of team where you can make a significant contribution?Apply now and join us in our mission!
- Reliability and Maintainability Engineering
- System Safety Engineering
- Software Safety Engineering
- Cost and Affordability Engineering
- Risk and Opportunity Engineering
- Human System Integration Engineering
- Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineering
- Logistics Engineering
- Obsolescence Engineering
- Availability Engineering
- Field Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.