The Component Engineering Department is seeking a component/parts engineer to join the component specialist group as a passives components specialist. The successful individual will support both space and airborne programs in the area of parts selection, drawings and specifications, provide input to designers, and help supply chain in procurement requirements.
- Minimum 6 years of experience with component engineering
- Expert knowledge of space and military grade specifications, including Aerospace TORs and industry standard technical documents.
- This includes a deep understanding of piece parts appropriate for all mission levels.
- Must have a deep understanding of passive piece parts design and fabrication, including device level testing, fabrication, qualification, and failure analysis techniques.
- The ability is translate this knowledge into the accurate type of control drawings is required.
- Experience with obsolescence and counterfeit management a plus.
- The successful candidate will have a right parts, right mission mindset.
- The candidate’s expertise is expected to direct the type of piece parts used on hardware. These parts will fit the mission requirements without compromising on reliability.
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to access US only data systems.
- Familiarity with industry databases, such as IHS and GIDEP.
- Experience working closely with supply chain management and mission assurance and across multiple cross functional teams is desired.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or PhysicsDesired Education:
- Master’s Degree (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)
- MBA is considered a plus after technical degrees were received
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.