Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking a motivated and capable Embedded Software Engineer with a track record of successfully developing product line Software for advanced ground based radar modes to join the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in McKinney, Texas. The successful candidate will support of the Multi-Function RF Systems (MFRFS) program, providing support to the soldier by warning of incoming threats as well as providing point of origin and point of impact information about threats. The successful candidate will be integrated into a Software team in Software development, integration, and testing of real-time systems. The candidate will be responsible for hands-on technical work including designing, implementing, and debugging real-time Software applications, as well as supporting problem resolution, Software integration, and verification efforts. The real-time Software applications are developed using the C++ language executing on a variety of computing platforms running Linux and VxWorks operating systems. The successful candidate will have experience in requirements development, design, documentation, implementation, and integration of real-time Embedded systems. This position includes supporting existing and new military programs. This role may include supporting customer demonstrations and Software/systems integration and testing related travel.
Qualified candidate must be able to gain a DOD Secret Clearance.
This position can be a Salary Grade G09 or G10 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience and requirements for the position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop radar mode Software in C++
- Integrate Software on the target system
- Apply investigation and troubleshooting skills to assess and resolve issues
- Communicate effectively with team members
- Contribute to the development of Software requirements
- Contribute significantly to all phases of the Software development life-cycle
- Up to 15% travel may be required
Desired Skills: Experience with?
- 8+ years of experience developing Software utilizing C/C++
- Experience with the design, code, test, and integrate (DCTI) phases of the Software development life cycle
- This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Required Education: Minimum Bachelor's degree in technical major (Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, etc.) from an accredited University What?s YOUR Mission?Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We?re inspired by a noble mission that?s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.What We Offer: Whether you?re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America?s Best Employers by visiting us online at .Stay Connected: Don?t miss out on what?s happening at Raytheon.
- Software requirements development
- Developing and integrating Software for radar modes
- Embedded real-time development
- Eclipse, GCC, Visual C++
- VxWorks or equivalent development tools
- Product line environment
- Developing Software for a processor within an Altera FPGA
- Hardware/Software integration
Raytheon: ?Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."- Thomas A. KennedyRaytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.