Tech Support Engineer
We have an immediate need for a Tech Support Engineer within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems, Electrical Design Directorate (EDD), Receiver Exciter and Signal Processing Department (RESP). The Receiver, Exciter and Signal Processing Department designs, develops and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems.
The qualified candidate will support the Engineering Lab Manager(s) in:
1. Ensuring engineering labs comply with and meet all the requirements of internal and external/government security, safety and ISO 9001 audits.
2. Supporting engineering material purchase requests, creating kits for CCA assembly, logistics support, working with suppliers for quotes, providing ITAR controlled documentation to suppliers and providing support to engineering test setups (component and cable installation)
Employees are assigned to a section manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills. Each section manager is responsible for their members’ performance, career development, and assigning tasks that balance their employees’ interest with current needs of the project teams.
This position will be based in Marlborough, MA. This position can be job grade G06 or G07 depending on the candidate's qualifications and experience.
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to follow work instructions and other detailed processes
- Able to work well both collaboratively and independently
- Command of MS Excel and Word
- Able to travel locally (50 mile radius)
- Able to lift lab hardware (up to 28 lbs)
- Required: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
- Trained in a MRP/ERP system e.g. SAP, APEX, PRISM
- Knowledge of Bill of Materials (BOM) structure
- Familiar with Raytheon procurement process
- Experience with PDM
- Strong knowledge of CCA components
- Technical skills to engage peers, superiors, CCA design engineers and vendors
- Existing Secret Security Clearance
Associate’s degree in engineering technology or equivalent work experience required;
Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering preferred
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Stay Connected: Don’t miss out on what’s happening at Raytheon.
“Diversity is at the heart of all we do at Raytheon. We embrace diversity and diverse opinions; we treat people with dignity and respect to support our inclusive culture. This allows us to retain and attract the world-class talent and supplier base we need to develop the innovative solutions our global customers depend on. We view our diversity as a competitive advantage as a key enabler of our growth."
- Thomas A. Kennedy
Raytheon Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.